First trip to Spain but not good with hights. Bit embarrassed! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks DBK, we are planning on taking the ferry to Santander so if we turn left would it be advisable to go via Bilbao or carry on to San Sebastian and then take your suggested route to Valencia.

I will also have a look at Google street view to see what joys await me.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your advice.
I think I'm probably being a bit alarmist, the viaduct isn't as high as I remember it. You should be able to see the bridge in the distance form this shot. But coming from Santander you will be on the side away form the sea so it shoudn't look too bad.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@43.3968231,-3.3142272,3a,75y,181.15h,76.96t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sPEOSdF15JbYqI5mHNXXupw!2e0!6s//geo1.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=PEOSdF15JbYqI5mHNXXupw&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=68.86644&pitch=0!7i13312!8i6656

This is the view from the bridge going eastwards. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@43.3...4!1sUtr8JtTsWSoLw3Hd4xglAA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I would plan 2 routes, East and West so that you have a choice according to the weather. I'd look at heading to Portugal if the East / South of Spain isn't looking sunny on your arrival.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
If you cross into Spain at Irun then turn left at San Sebastian and go south past Pamplona, Zaragoza and then down to Valencia I am fairly sure from memory there aren't any huge drops. The are a few bridges but nothing really high, such as you get along the north coast if you go further west from San Sebastian. You can go south along the coast from Valencia and it is all very flat for quite a way.

Using Google street view it should be possible to check the route, looking at the map first for places like bridges over rivers then zooming in and dropping the little Google Man on the map to see what it looks like.
I know this route, and have been fine on it, even before the hypnotherapy.

Reactions: DBK

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I take it from what I read earlier that you both drive. That being the case then I'm sure you can share the driving, you on the majority of the motorway and main roads and your travelling companion on the higher and twistier roads.
It's how we do it. Lin is not comfortable driving on the twisty mountain type roads or in some of the narrow roads in towns and villages but is quite happy on the bigger wider roads. It's never a problem as who drives more/ or less than the other. I get bored and tired on long motorway drives so Lin is quite happy to take over and I accept that I'm going to do the lion's share of the driving when we get to the mountains. Just accept each other strengths and weaknesses and enjoy.
I'm sure you'll love it
Enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back