LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
You are welcome to stay in the car park of the museum. :) I hope that you pop in occasionally for a visit.

KH

I always visit the churchyard as my Parents and Grandparents are buried there as well as lots of my relatives and old friends - in fact now I know far more residents of the cemetery than I do know in the rest of the village :(.

I do pop in to the discovery Centre for an occasional visit - and I am very impressed - lots of photos of me and my school friends from the 1940's and of my Dad who was a Salmon Fisherman.

I am 73 now and lived in Portmahomack from 1943 until joining the Royal Navy in 1959 and was still "domiciled" there until the 1980's I remember the old church before any excavations started, in fact as kids we used to "capture" young pigeons from its belfry to add to our pigeon lofts :) :cautious:

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
I do pop in to the discovery Centre for an occasional visit - and I am very impressed - lots of photos of me and my school friends from the 1940's and of my Dad who was a Salmon Fisherman.
Thank you. I am off to the TDC tonight for a meeting. We are applying for a Heritage Lottery Fund grant for a project about WW1 on the Fearn Peninsula (The Peninsula at War - How WW1 affected the residents of the Fearn Peninsula) so if you have any family stories you will need to let us know. (y)

KH

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
We are off to Arran, at least starting off there, ferry on Sat PM, work out where next from there.
10 days, so no plans after Arran

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
We are off to Arran, at least starting off there

Stopped at Seal Shore site at the bottom of Arran recently - great location. It was full of bird watchers when we were there (and there was a lot of wildlife to see). Also had a convenient hotel with pub/food right next door if you fancied a break from cooking...

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
How do you obtain a funster sticker folks ?

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We are off to Arran, at least starting off there, ferry on Sat PM, work out where next from there.
10 days, so no plans after Arran

Its a bit early for the midges but we've had a glorious day in Ayrshire, Arran looked the same & tonight I've spotted a few of the little biting critters in our garden. Hopefully you'll be spared any trouble with them, but it pays to be prepared.

Have a great holiday, hope the weather stays fine for you.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Its a bit early for the midges but we've had a glorious day in Ayrshire, Arran looked the same & tonight I've spotted a few of the little biting critters in our garden. Hopefully you'll be spared any trouble with them, but it pays to be prepared.

Have a great holiday, hope the weather stays fine for you.
This thread is a year old.:)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
How do you obtain a funster sticker folks ?
You click on the funster sticker sign ( free stickers) on this page and follow the info thereoff.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Overlooking the loch at Ullapool now. Spectacular. Going towards Clachtoll tomorrow
Enjoy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back