First trip to France, last few days. (1 Viewer)

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
Well its been an interesting week with rain and gale force winds for the first week.

Its now nice and sunny, and were staying at Yvre L'evaque on a nice site in the Acsi book (1458) near Le Mans. Staying for a couple more days while its nice then heading back up to Calais for a Friday morning ferry.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
One giant step for jaykay kind. Pity about the weather but you've done it now, Europe is your oyster.Repeat after me "I'll be back".

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Look on the bright side, you got there, on our last effort we broke down half an hour from home on the way to ferry so never made it, oh how we laughed... Bah humbug. No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes, I did nearly throttle the Swedish gentleman who told me that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jaykay

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
We have, and still are enjoying it. I didn't want to wait any longer before coming over here as we have been wanting to do it for 3 years or more, but only recently got our MH and have only had 1 two nighter in her before setting off for Dover.
Its a good try out so next time we will know what to expect and can do it a bit better!
Mind you the sound of a mouse scratting in the air duct behind the dash wasn't a highlight! The next morning I had all the front blinds off and the dash panel of to see behind the dashboard, and was happy to see no damage or signs of rodents. I now have two traps and some poison in strategic places under the bonnet. It was all quiet last night.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
:clap: Great to hear you are having a good trip, despite the mice, on our first trip we nearly lost our roof (rented MH) when navigating an underpass but survived ! Our second trip to France is imminent, this time in our own MH and can't wait :france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back