Free Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hants/Wilts border
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 fgj
Exp
Since 2016
Well we set out on Monday tho played safe by going to Sandy Balls in Fordingbridge for our first outing. All in all, things went well and the only things we forgot were a hand towel for the bathroom and an abundance of rubbish bags!
We had a couple of mishaps....slight overflow when we forgot to turn the hose off and I broke the clip on the freezer when I tripped and fell out of bed!!
Hound loved it, especially the long walks and despite the constant rain, we had a great time. Now that has to be good.
Back home and already planning our next outing. Can't wait.

Attachments

• IMG_4196.JPG
    IMG_4196.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 118

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sounds as if you remembered most things.:xThumb:

Great that the dog settled in well. Enjoy your trips.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haitchjay

Haitchjay

Free Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hants/Wilts border
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 fgj
Exp
Since 2016
We've had boats before and we applied the same principal when loading up. Definitely helped as we remembered all the things we forgot on our first trip on the water! Plus lists, lists, lists!
Looking forward to spending Christmas in Hilda, even if it is only on the drive and suggestions of where to go next (possibly around the Poole area?) greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So glad you enjoyed your first trip out ! You have steps up to your bed luxury we have silly step ladder which we left in the home garage and use a small stool! Love your dog looks very chilled! And Henley the teddy ! That would have been a good name for your van!!
We made lists and laminated them so we didn't forget things! But still forgot phone charges , medicines once and a bag of beers!!
The biggest faux pas was driving off with the electrics attatched eek ! Only once!! On the site in Ypres and none came out to say anything but I bet there was a lot of sniggering going on behind doors!!
All part of the MH fun!!
Enjoy!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haitchjay

Haitchjay

Free Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hants/Wilts border
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 fgj
Exp
Since 2016
I'm impressed, you can afford Sandy Balls, out of my league.:xrofl:

Think hubby is breaking me in gently (was told it's ÂŁ10 a night out of season but not entirely sure they have an out of season!!)
We were surprised by how many places close down for the winter, particularly as we want to travel all seasons.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Think hubby is breaking me in gently (was told it's ÂŁ10 a night out of season but not entirely sure they have an out of season!!)
We were surprised by how many places close down for the winter, particularly as we want to travel all seasons.
Someone's been telling porkies.:xrofl:

Upvote 0

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
surprisingly, Lenny, they regularly have 5 nights for ÂŁ50 at SB....
..we've used them a number of times, but only when its cheap....lol.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
surprisingly, Lenny, they regularly have 5 nights for ÂŁ50 at SB....
..we've used them a number of times, but only when its cheap....:LOL:.
Blimmy Chris I thought they were the wrong side of ÂŁ30 in low season. 5 nights in one place not sure I could handle that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Great you enjoyed your time out. I'm back home now for two days (have to work) but am still sleeping on the drive, no desire to go indoors (except for the shower...). Also am breaking myself in gently. Just had two nights on a CL and then from Boxing Day to 2nd another two CL's booked. Enjoy! I sure am.

Upvote 0

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Get on a one way ferry for 48 quid and drive to southern spain, take a credit and debit card and pack light. Book nothing, jut turn up! Then drive to portugal and follow your nose. its soooooo much better than the uk. honestly! (thats what I done, never even camped in the uk yet! too scared!)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back