First trip - France to portugal (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If I ever feel the need to find the rural Portuguese locals that don't run into houses and put their shutters down when we turn up I'll definitely ask you to show me some (y)
BTW the only toll motorway I have used in the UK (M6 toll) was the same, far far better than those in Portugal and empty.

No way...

I am really sorry to say that, judging from your views posted on here, I would never actually want to meet you, just as I am certain you would have no desire to meet me.

As for introducing anyone with your views to my Portuguese friends and colleagues, I am sure you jest! ;)

JJ :cool:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
A week or so ago, I travelled from Silves to Ansiao in my 1987 Hymer 660S on non toll roads. I don't drive more than 80 kph.

I went via Pego da Altar (Alçacer do Sal), Montemor, Coruche, Almerim and Tomar.

It was a total of around 425 kilometres.

With the exception of a couple of kilometres near Grandola where the underground tree roots give the road maintenance people real headaches, the road surfaces were more than adequate for smooth, comfortable travel. Many kilometres of road (eg Tomar to Ansiao) have been resurfaced within the last year or two.

When I was working, I used the toll motorways often and these are far, far, far better than those in Blighty and, out of rush hours, nearly empty. In 16 years I have never ever been stuck in motorway jams as you appear to get everyday in the UK.

Mr Campa Cola seems to have had a bad experience in Portugal and, obviously, won't be returning!

I am not sure exactly what these were and, frankly, I am not interested.

But, as he seems interested in me letting other Funsters know stuff, I would like to say I find Portugal to suit me perfectly... the rural areas (where I live) are charmingly shabby, and old fashioned, just as I remember England to be in the 50s.

The cities have their huge new shopping centres as well as their centuries old historical sections.

The weather is superb with the odd rainy times (like it is here now) but normally wall to wall, Man City Blue skies and sunshine.

But the main plus for me is the wonderful friendliness and helpful nature of the locals. Practically every time I have dealings with the Portuguese they go out of their way to help me out.

I could go on and on and on but my single typing finger is tired...

PS. There are quite a few beautiful, environment friendly, wind generators in small groups of two or three dotted around...

PPS. Mr Peterc10, the 125 in the Algarve has had large sections of it repaired (Faro to Portimao and onwards) since December and work continues to improve it all.
No way...

I am really sorry to say that, judging from your views posted on here, I would never actually want to meet you, just as I am certain you would have no desire to meet me.

As for introducing anyone with your views to my Portuguese friends and colleagues, I am sure you jest! ;)

People views do not necessarily mean I do not want to meet them and discuss them further......I am sorry you seem so shallow a person!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Yeah right... what ever.

If we go on like this, we will both be sent to the naughty corner by Jim... no other Funster cares about what we think of each other.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Yeah right... what ever.

If we go on like this, we will both be sent to the naughty corner by Jim... no other Funster cares about what we think of each other.

Just for the record, I have spent a few evenings imbibing with other MH'ers this trip, including a couple of fervent SNP supporters, we agreed to disagree and enjoyed a nice evening together (y)

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Hope you have a wonderful trip to France. We usually go twice a year on the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk. We book one way and find some Wi-Fi and book the return trip when we feel ready to come home. We see no sense in paying more to use the Chunnel but each to his own, some people prefer it. The ferry crossing is part of our holiday - there is something exciting about sailing off on an adventure and then seeing the coast of France come clearly into view.

We use the aires in the Camperstop book and have never needed to resort to a campsite. I'm getting excited already and we're not going until September.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back