First timers from Norfolk (what, more of them!) (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Hi from Sue and Steve. More Norfolk people. I've put a couple of queries on this site recently and thought it was about time we introduced ourselves seeing as we are almost first time motorhome owners. Just a couple of things to sort out before we take delivery of an Autoquest Starfire 2006. Are we excited? Well just a bit. It's all I can do to stop the wife going round and measuring up for curtains. We are seeing retirement looming in a couple of years and were not planning on acquiring a motorhome until then but I think the bug has bitten and we just couldn't stop ourselves. We have been through the tents, trailer tents and caravan route a few years ago so know we will enjoy the lifestyle. We hope to tour Europe when we retire but thought we had better work our way up to spending lots of time away. We decided what make and model we wanted and there just happened to one in a local village. I knocked on their door to see what they thought of the motorhome and it turned out they did not use it much and had thought of selling. So after much poking about and an upcoming habitation check we "came to an arrangement". So now we are looking for somewhere to go for the next bank holiday.

We're looking forward to getting to know all the contributors on here and maybe meet up with some of the locals (and don't forget you have to have lived here for at least 25 years to be a local....we were both born here).

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hello and welcome to fun

:welcomefunster:

Mel & Lieve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I could also be a local, born Eastgate Cawston 1944 :Eeek: Welcome :thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Getting a bit concerned about all you Norfolk lot.... the phrase paddle faster I hear banjoes is springing to mind ......:whatthe:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
welcome to the house of fun.you sound like you will fit in.hope to see you at a meet.:Eeek::thumb::thumb:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Hello there and welcome to the site, another true Norfolk man born and raised in Costessey , now full timing in the motorhome but based near Reepham, the site we use is here https://www.whitwellstation.com/ we tend to stay here most of the time but it's also great for a quick weekender break, if you come over sometime come and say hello you'll recognise the ex prison truck from the avatar.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Getting a bit concerned about all you Norfolk lot.... the phrase paddle faster I hear banjoes is springing to mind ......:whatthe:

Are you being racist Joy :RollEyes::winky:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:fatbuddha:

But are you still local if your OH's Great-Grandfather was born in Norfolk?

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997

Just make sure you are not on the receiving end of the arrows !, Norfolk Mafia strikes again. :Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Are you being racist Joy :RollEyes::winky:

:whatthe: No... honest!!! I meant like that film Deliverance on the inbred hillbillies.... honest!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8"]Dueling Banjos Deliverance - YouTube[/ame]

aaaagh I get scared just watching that clip!!!!

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
:welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:
Derek and I have lived in Norfolk since 1999 - so half way through our 'probation period'.
Hope to meet you soon :fatbuddha:

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
:flyingwelcome: Martin&Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun