May 9, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hey people of Motorhomefun.co.uk!

My name is Jamie, I’m 25 and about to enjoy the use of a motorhome for the very first time.

I’ve always wanted a motorhome and therefore have been saving for quite a few years now. However before I go invest, I thought it best to ‘try before I buy’. Hence, I’m renting.

Myself and 3 friends are all huge petrolheads (we’re into cars) and make annual Nurburgring trips (a race track in Germany (although officially a public toll road)). We’ve always stayed in hotels and driven in the cars we’d be taking on track. Last year however became a nightmare. We were held up in Belgium meaning we didn’t get to stay in the hotel we’d booked just outside of Brussels. On top of that one of the lads had a fairly major ‘off’ and stacked his pride and joy into the barrier, resulting in a car that could not possibly be driven home. This caused all sorts of complications and put us off the idea of travelling in our track cars.

So this year we’re doing the whole motorhome thing. The idea of travelling at our own pace is ideal, however the main plus is that we’ll be towing the cars, therefore if we have another incident, we’ll be able to trailer the cars back home.

Whilst we’re on the road, we thought it made to sense to organise a mini euro trip. So we’ll be driving down to Monaco, via the Millau Viaduct (I’ve always wanted to see this), up through Switzerland to Zurich, on to the Nurburgring, then back home via the one and only Amsterdam.

So that’s my little share for the day. I look forward to any help I will inevitably need J

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Jamie and welcome to fun sounds like your in for a great time

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Have you looked in to your route yet and where your going to stay if not get yourself all the aires book it is a list of thousands of place in France where you can spend the night in your motorhome most are free and some charge up to 10 euro for the night, some have electric and water some have nothing but its a great way to tour round France so should help for part of your trip.

If you need help or ideas on route and where to stay just ask and you will get loads of help

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :thumb:

Sounds like a great trip. The Viaduc de Millau is quite a thing, if you want to stay in Millau there is a lovely site on the river called Deux Rivieres, not expensive and closest to the town centre (walking distance). Monaco is also a favourite of mine but V expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Welcome in Jamie. You've come to the right place. :thumb:

My MHing started out as an exercise in somewhere to sleep that wasn't a tent on race weekends with MG car club, just looking for something cheap and servicable. Now we do race weekends, weekdns away, holidays, or even just a quick overnighter just because we can.

MoHo turned out to be the most bestest thing I have ever purchased. Enjoy! ::bigsmile:

Jamie.

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Welcome & good luck with your trip.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sequinn

Free Member
May 12, 2013
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since July 2012
Nurburgring Express

Hi Jamie
We are also New Motorhome owners (Full Time) heading to the Nurburgring.
In the past we have taken the Motorbikes in the Mercedes Sprinter Van and stayed in local B & B's
This year we are travelling in a motorhome for the first time.
Any shared experience on where we can free camp/wild camp or sites would be of great advantage.
We in turn would love to share our experiences of the Nurburgring.
Please take a look at our website www.motorcyclemover.co.uk.
We plan to take the motorhome on the Ferry from Dover - Dunkirk (Norfolk Line) on 22/5. We intend to fuel up in Luxembourg then head for the Nurburgring.. Trips along the Moselle an absolute must.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome to motorhome fun, just showed my OH you certainly got his attention, would love updates on how you get on, enjoy your trip. :thumb:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi and welcome from Devon :welcome: good trip your planning rode it and drove it have a great time keep off of the Armco :Smile:

Attachments

• Milau Viaduct.jpg
    Milau Viaduct.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Pete N Jan Viaduct.jpg
    Pete N Jan Viaduct.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
J

Jamie1988

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all for the very warm welcome! What a great site I've stumbled across here :)

I shall be putting my photography skills to the test on our trip, so expect many, many photos!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back