First Timer

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by sinner, Aug 29, 2011.

1. sinner

sinner

Hi all, Been having a nosey and thought i would say hi and hope to get a bit advice :)

I am looking to buy a Knaus 658 Sun Traveller 02, Does anyone have one ? is this a good buy it is mainly for me and my daughter round about scotland and europe during holidays.

and help or advice very welcome.

AlanB

2. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Welcome :Smile: :thumb: Can't help with your question but no doubt someone will !

3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi and welcome to Fun, not sure about the Knaus, (someone may be able to help) but your plans to tour Europe and Scotland is what motorhomes are made for. Have you looked at many vans yet, so many variations on lay outs and worth taking your time to find what suits your needs. Good luck with your search. :welcomefunster:

4. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Welcome to the forum Alan:Wink:

5. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi and welcome.

I dont have one of the vans you mention but i have heard good reports about the build quality not much help but im sure someone will be along to help. If however you need help on touring Scotland let me know and i will help you with that.

Gerry

6. sinner

sinner

thanks guys :) right aniother question lol just got offered this home at a good price but not to sure how it matches up against the knaus the one i just been offered is a Rollerteam Autoroller 700 7 berth once again guys thanks for any and all help

Alan

7. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi
    WELCOME

Personally would not compare Roller Team with Knaus in my opinion Knaus build quality far better from vans I have seen.

8. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

:Eeek: How dare you! lol...

We have the Roller Team 707 and love it to bits and does what it says on a tin, Yes i will agree the build quilaty is not as good as higher ranking motorhomes but it is a good starter like us, The thing with Roller Team is they are Family vans and made for Families with kids, RollerTeam are value for money in my eyes and most that look inside ours when they see it are suprised by the build now adays things have changed alot, And our Roller Team has a 6 year water ingress warranty :moon2: lol..

9. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

:thumb::thumb:Hi and Welcome!

We have a Knaus Sun Liner 658LG - we've had it for over 4 years and love it! :Smile::Smile:
    It's a 2006 model on 2007 plates.

It is used 99.9% of the year:Wink::Wink:

Build quality is superb- serves us well! Done about 40,000 miles in UK, France, Spain, Italy and Norway.

Highly recommend Knaus!! :thumb::thumb:

10. sinner

sinner

thanks again all, the Knaus i was hopping to get has been sold so looks like i will go with the Autoroller 700 or hang on and wait for a Knaus to come up again at the right price ;() need to decide this weekennd :)

cheers

Alan