first time using double skillet!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by june123, Aug 26, 2012.

1. june123

june123 Read Only Funster

Tried out my new baby today and cooked a small pork joint in the oven method. Not completely successful as had to finish off in the ordinary oven to complete cooking but I think it was mostly my fault. I didn't heat up the two pans as long as suggested and probably opened it up too often to check what was going on. I shall persevere. Certainly like the way they stack so neatly and the handles come off.

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Hi June

It is tempthing to rush it initially and to keep looking, but as you've found out it just stops it cooking properly. What I found if I wanted to have a quick peak, was not to turn the top pan over if I removed it, that way any heat within it didn't escape so it got back up to temperature much quicker.

Also, as you're going to carve the joint anyway why not cut it into portion sized pieces in the first place as it will cook much quicker that way and save gas.:thumb:

3. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

its a bit like a cobb you have to leave it

It is much like a cobb when you do a chicken you have to just leave it for 1 1/2 hours before you remove the lid... the same with the double skillet... had a couple of them now for 26 years.. one of the first things we ever bought for our then european box.. and from the Stratford show.... had to replace a handle that SWMBO melted somewhere along the way... but great bit of gear.

bob