Free Member
May 25, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Scout
Exp
Only just bought it!
We have just purchased an Autotrail Scout, due for delivery in a couple of weeks.I cannot BEGIN to tell you how excied we are!!! ::bigsmile:
Of course, im desperate to buy bits & pieces for it, to kit it out.

Is it cheaper to use an electric kettle or gas hob whistling type kettle?

Is there anything else that we need

What would you suggest would be a useful purchase?

All comments gratefully received, thank you

Debby x

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I bought a silicone mat for £1 and it's proved really handy. It's heatproof so you can put hot pans on it or lift hot saucepan lids. It also is useful for getting a grip on bottle tops to open them. :thumb:

I use plastic mugs, glasses and plates. They can all be chucked in a cupboard without any damage. I enjoy using them as it feels different to being at home!

If you have a dog, or even if you don't - buy some cheap throws - they can protect your upholstery if the dog is mucky. They are also great to pile on the bed on a cold night (as is the dog :ROFLMAO:). If you do have a dog I think that a tie out stake and cable are essential.

I use my hot water bottle quite a bit in the winter.

Take a dressing gown with you. I'm always finding that I need to get to something outside or let the dog out for a wee in the mornings before I'm dressed. Quite a few people walk to shower blocks in a dressing gown rather than getting dressed.

Have you got thermal blinds for the windscreen? They keep the van so much warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Well worth the outlay.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I'm mentally touring my van, thinking of the gadgets I wouldn't be without!

Just thought of my watering can. Very useful for filling up the water tank wherever I am parked. :winky:

I also bought levelling blocks and use these pretty regularly.

Carbon monoxide alarm - I'm scared that without this I could sleep a bit too well one night! :Eeek:

Door mat.

Memory foam as I find that my cushions are too firm for me to sleep on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Actually, one of the best things for us about forgetting things is replacing them wherever you happen to be. For example, we have a goodly collection of mugs bought all over Europe and beyond, that then bring back memories when used at home.

Just don't be a slave to taking everything with you.

Upvote 0

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Just been checking back and noticed that someone has already mentioned watering can. That never occurred to us initially but quite often you will find that your fresh water hose is not quite long enough, or you have the wrong connector on the end of it. Sometimes you just want to put a little bit of water in and it can be a nuisance having to move the van. I purchased a 10 ltr plastic one and use it all the time.
Geoff.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back