Feb 10, 2015
Swansea
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
none
Hi all -

Just a quick open-ended question that I thought I'd ask in the hope of getting some food for thought.

I'm looking for my first camper and have saved up a budget of £4k. With such a small budget therefore I'm realistically looking for a camper from the early 90's; (my wife refuses to come with my in anything from the 80's as she believes it will instantly self-destruct, and I want to buy a pre-converted van as I don't have the time to do a conversion as much as I want to.)

The contenders generally are conversions of the old ducats (talbot expresses etc) or the renault trafics (holsworth etc)

Does anyone have any food for thought on which base model is good to aim for? For example, are the parts for the Ducatos more expensive and harder to track than the traffic or visa versa, or does the traffic have a reputation for lasting longer etc.

Also should I be aiming for petrol or diesel models or be on the lookout for anything else?

Thanks so much

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi dilby. (y)

We all had to start at the bottom just like you and your good lady. Dont be put off by anything. There are still a lot of 'mature' trucks out there that will keep going on and on!
Your budget is a 'Little one' but check out all the relevant trader sites and magazines of course. Just an example...
Broken Link Removed

Not the best but done and ready for the road.
It is after all...A starter truck!(y)

All the very best with your searches

Kev and Carolyn

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back