Aug 8, 2016
north east
Funster No
MH
avantgarde 400
Exp
total newbie
Hi Everyone,
Me and my wife have just bought our first motorhome, a 2003 Compass avantgarde 400 on a Peugeot boxer chassis. The previous owner had used it for sometime as they worked away from home-hence it has that "lived in look". However my wife is armed with various cleaning products, and I have "man stuff" to do !!
It has covered a few miles (but has a good service history) and needs some work-we are having it fully serviced (habitation and engine) in the next couple of weeks. Generally we are really pleased and are looking forward to putting "our touch" to it.

We are novices where motorhomes are concerned, but have done some touring with a caravan previously. We have so many questions, as we would like to learn tricks of the trade and any tips will be greatly appreciated. I`ll be posting our first shortly as I`m after a window size for the overcab bed area.

Looking forward to using the site !!!

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hello and welcome. Loads and loads and loads of advice on here.....opinions too. :rofl::pink:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Welcome from Bedfordshire.
Regarding window size: I needed (wanted) some new interior blinds and spent ages trying to get the right measurements. I contacted my agent who simply asked the manufacturer. They knew the size, had the parts in stock and advised me of the price.
Perhaps you could contact http://compassandheraldmotorhomeclub.weebly.com/ for advice specific to your model.
Alan

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Sounds fun! We all remember our first campervan/motorhome most because that's the one that got us started.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tillytuttut

Free Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hitchin Herts
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde 400
Exp
Hi Everyone,
Me and my wife have just bought our first motorhome, a 2003 Compass avantgarde 400 on a Peugeot boxer chassis. The previous owner had used it for sometime as they worked away from home-hence it has that "lived in look". However my wife is armed with various cleaning products, and I have "man stuff" to do !!
It has covered a few miles (but has a good service history) and needs some work-we are having it fully serviced (habitation and engine) in the next couple of weeks. Generally we are really pleased and are looking forward to putting "our touch" to it.

We are novices where motorhomes are concerned, but have done some touring with a caravan previously. We have so many questions, as we would like to learn tricks of the trade and any tips will be greatly appreciated. I`ll be posting our first shortly as I`m after a window size for the overcab bed area.

Looking forward to using the site !!!
This is very old t

Tillytuttut

Free Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hitchin Herts
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde 400
Exp
Hi this is old thread from yourselves but would like to now how you got on with motorhome.
I have a compass avantgarde 400 had it 3 years love it but have been very ill within that time so hardly used van very low mileage on it have considered changing but decided to keep.
We will be using once we can.
Had caravan for years with traverse bed,but love motorhome
Thanks
Cindy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back