Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Well, we have done it. Spent our first night in the MH. An adventure, yes, some problems, yes but only minor, did we enjoy it? Yes, yes, yes! Decided to travel not too far, just 90 minutes away. First "proper" drive (not motorway), over moorland and hills, learned my way around the gearbox quick enough. Apologies to those who passed us in the opposite direction on the way out. How stupid of us not to realise that it is considered polite to wave in acknowledgement. We are not stuck up, just did not react until too late. Tried to make up for it on our return journey. Now the only problem is, just how do I get this stupid smile off my face?
Steve

skylark_irl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Congrats Steve,

First time out is nerve racking all right - but I have some bad news for you!

That silly smile never fades ::bigsmile:

Michael

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
It`s a lovely feeling,, I still remember our first holiday in a 9`6" Sprite, in the New Forest..

Waking up to the sound of the birds, wild pony`s at the door, waiting for some bread (Allowed to feed them in them days, at least no one told you not to.) kids having a whale of a time in the forest,, me and the misses sitting outside in wooden deck chairs drinking "Tizer"..

Kids coming back in tears,, one had a wasp sting tother fell in some horse droppings (Pushed I think),, emptying the bucket (Elsan) pouring with rain, mud up to my ankles while trying to hook up in a thunder storm,, just getting out onto the road from the site to find we had a puncture, Get`s out onto the A31 and the car boils up,, forgot to top the radiator up before we left, (Hillman Minx).. Got home reversed up the drive and backed into gate post, broke back light.. nearly 8 shillings for a new light,, robbing sods..

But would I have done different,,,, No,,

So keep smiling and enjoy every minute of it.. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Steve.

It's a great feeling I still remember our first trip on holiday in a motorhome, nothing special happened but the smile is still there after nearly 18 years:winky: and counting.
So keep smileing and enjoy

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
First Night

At least your first night was on an outing. :thumb:

My first night in the 'new' van was sleeping on my dad's drive.

We took delivery and parked up. On the same night neighbour and Dad were woken to see 3 men around the van (looking in the cab, under the engine block etc) When spooked they drove away.

So for security we took turns 'sleeping out' until our new drive was laid and the van could come home proper.

Better safe than sorry.:cry:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Happy Travels :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Andy

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
It's called MH love

As soon as we left the show room we zoomed (at top speed!) up to Birmingham for our mates 40th bithday in Novemeber, arrived in venue/pub car park, (where we spent the night!) by now even colder, dark and raining, only to discover that we had no electric at all & no torch! I had to get dressed and put my make-up on, for the party, by the cab light!

What did we learn? don't speed around, it costs a fortune in fuel, always keep a spare set of fuses and buy a bloody tourch! :ROFLMAO:

Didnt put us off though, we love our van and we go off nearly every other weekend ..... enjoy your too:thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
First trip, half an hour and the leasure battery 'died', kitchen and vanity tap leaked, loo leaked on the flush side(fresh water). Outside, both tank valves leaked and when we came to leave stupid here flooded the engine, easy enough to sort but, the engine battery was on it's way to, but I got her going!

HOOKED non the less, and despite sencible plans we've just upgraded to a 28 foot A Class, and just can't get out enough. Bit over 3.5 years now and in each year the quantity of trips increases, we've had Winne just about 2 months and been out four times, AND IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!!!:shout::shout: I'm on days (13) untill our big holiday, the wife seems to be on hours:thumb:

Worst part is alway coming home, my wife AND dog are a pain for the first 24hours of being back whether it's been a short weekend or better, I'm never keen but the pair of them put things in perspective!

As the title says, it's all about FUN:thumb:

Enjoy!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back