Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Good day all,

Looking to purchase our first motorhome and looking for as much advice as possible.

After much looking, we've narrowed our search down to a Hymer campervan. Being our first motorhome we're keen to keep the length as short as possible, whilst maintaining a useable interior. It will just be the two of us travelling and have set our mind on vans between 6 to 6.5m in length. We both just hold standard driving licenses limited to 3500kg.

We have seen a pre-2007 hymer b544 for sale that looks perfect. Vans for comparison seem few and far between. We would appreciate any advice / comments on layout,load capacity, resale price, common issues etc.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
:welcome4:

As your limited to 3500 payload can be an issue .

Im sure someone more experienced than me will be along to give better advice.

I own an oldish Hymer and am well pleased with it (y).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Thanks for the quick replies. Curious to know how people find the onboard storage without a rear garage too. Thanks.

Upvote 0

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
If you after comparisons why not pop up the M4 to the Newbury show in a couple of weeks. You will find a massive selection of vans allowing you to make informed choices. There will be lots of Funsters around wearing their badges etc but sadly no Stand for Motorhome Fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
We went through similar a few months back, looking for a van at max 6m length, although 3.5te was not a problem as we both have C1 on our license.
The main factors were a bit of room to move in the day and the shorter length to be able to get up our drive.
From internet browsing we had a long list to look at and most had drop down beds.
We were going to the Newark show but an accident was cutting short the day, so we just hit the main dealers in the area, following this up with visits to other dealers on subsequent weekends.
It was only by doing this and looking at some we hadn't considered that we found that the Nuevo ES ticked the boxes we needed and a lot more besides - it was one we hadn't even considered.
I got some sound advice from the lot on here and did a lot of research, putting in the miles to make sure (pick it up tomorrow :D).

As for garage - ours doesn't have a garage but was one of the compromises we were willing to make as our dogs will always be with us and it's walks time any time we go out. As I've still to pick it up - I can't say whether I'll regret it but I don't think so, the inside has enough storage for everything we'll need.
Advice I got was to hire one and see if it does fit what you want. We didn't as we know what it will be used for, 2-3 night stays and always with the dogs.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back