Big Ian

Free Member
May 7, 2015
Felixstowe
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi as a newbie we have booked a few days up in York as a first adventure , does anyone have a list of things to pack to other than clothes that might help us with a successful trip at the end of May , my wife wants to do a spreadsheet but I have no idea were to start .

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

Beer

More Beer

Well it’s a Start Welcome from Devon :D

sm45.gif

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Just pack what you think you need most of us pack too much but remember there are shops in York so you can always pick up things you might have forgotten. :)

Upvote 0

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Yes the idea is leave "the spread sheet" behind and just enjoy :) work it out as you go along (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Big Ian

Free Member
May 7, 2015
Felixstowe
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Mm mm you have never met the wife uber organized deutch fräulein even the motorhome has her name all over it ,it's a mobilvetta Kimu 101 .

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Can opener
Kitchen utensils
Washing up liquid
Kitchen roll
Toilet Rolls
Towels Tea towels Dish Cloth
Loo Fluid (or bio washing liqid)
Baby Wipes
Mugs Glasses Plates Dishes
Pots Pans Kettle
Tea Coffee Sugar Milk Bread butter
Gas lighter/Matches
Food
Toiletries
Night clothes
Crocs (or similar) for wet under feet and in shower
Site Books / Maps

Fun Sticker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Complete with tick boxes !!

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Love Yoriks spreadsheet but I think I have a bit of Deutch Fräulein in me too so here's our list

View attachment 61920
Good list but you could save weight by deleting "wine bottle stop". Completely unnecessary. :)

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
If I had a huge list, I'd do a few trips and tick off what you hectually use :)

Then leave the rest at home. If you need something extra, you can buy it :)

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2012
Rushden, Northants
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
11 years
great list, similar to ours - but the wine never last long enough to need the stopper - do add gaffer tape, its proved its worth a couple of times, as has a small can of WD40

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
300 mtr roll of one metre wide bubble wrap to stop stuff rattling in the back, ASAY BUBBLE WRAP TO STOP THAT!

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Ooh, I like lists - hate packing though. Fortunately husband LOVES spreadsheet AND packing, so he's a keeper!

This is the link we used to fill the van from scratch.
Looks depressingly long (but fairly idiot-proof for people with an empty van) and it took us 3-4 days to do (including a few shopping trips). Of course if certain sections (e.g. pooch) don't apply, you can ignore/amend.
Good tip for avoiding rattles is to buy rolls and rolls of that thin black rubber mesh matting and line every drawer and cupboard base with it. Works a treat.
Also worth noting that (if you have space) boxes fit together much better than awkward shapes like the kettle and stove top coffee maker, for example, so we store ours in the boxes they came in. If space is too tight, I guess bubble wrap works also.

So, what did we forget? An umbrella, a big enough water container (4 pints doesn't go far), enough phone chargers, a spare sleeping bag (youngest had an accident, of course!) and the wallet that contained all our club membership cards. Doh!

Might also be worth also making a 'setting off' check list. Our hab door flew open (fortunately very late at night) on the M25, which was a bit scary, but ok. :whew:

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
My checklist

1) Beer
2) Dog
3) Food
4) Chairs

Errrm. Oh yes...

5) missus

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Wow that's an even longer list :Eeek:

We've never bothered with one. It takes us about 20 minutes to pack to go away. If we don't have something we usually do without it. If it's something we really really need we just go and buy it.

There does seem to be a few things on that one that I would question. I mean does anyone really need two electric heaters and a fully equipped workshop? If they really take everything on it there can't be much room for anything or anyone else and I dread to think what their van weighs.

EDIT: Just looked at their website and they have all of that in a Hymer B544 plated at 3100kg with roof aircon as well and reckon the weigh bridge says they're under :Eeek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Ooh, I like lists - hate packing though. Fortunately husband LOVES spreadsheet AND packing, so he's a keeper!

This is the link we used to fill the van from scratch.
Looks depressingly long (but fairly idiot-proof for people with an empty van) and it took us 3-4 days to do (including a few shopping trips). Of course if certain sections (e.g. pooch) don't apply, you can ignore/amend.
Good tip for avoiding rattles is to buy rolls and rolls of that thin black rubber mesh matting and line every drawer and cupboard base with it. Works a treat.
Also worth noting that (if you have space) boxes fit together much better than awkward shapes like the kettle and stove top coffee maker, for example, so we store ours in the boxes they came in. If space is too tight, I guess bubble wrap works also.

So, what did we forget? An umbrella, a big enough water container (4 pints doesn't go far), enough phone chargers, a spare sleeping bag (youngest had an accident, of course!) and the wallet that contained all our club membership cards. Doh!

Might also be worth also making a 'setting off' check list. Our hab door flew open (fortunately very late at night) on the M25, which was a bit scary, but ok. :whew:

Good job you have a tag axle van with plenty of payload!:)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back