B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi Clive, Glad this brought back some memories for you too.... a joy shared is a joy at least doubled!

I'm off to Calpe today to meet up with Eve - not sure if Sandra and Colin still there but will see when I get there:):)

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Absolutely Frankie, that's why I didn't feel like posting until now. How is Steph? Any news?I'm moving on to Calpe today, as soon as I get my act together- will text you later for catch up xxx

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Looking forward to meeting you! Bridget
Plenty of pitches at the moment,but you are now booked,.

Concerning Paris,although I don,t speak French ,I spoke to my neibours ,you could tell they were extremely upset,and thanked me for my concern, when events like this happen it tends to unite,rather than scare .
A bomb went off in my home town,killing 11 RM band members,nearly all young boys,leaves it's Mark,but not forgotten,Paris will be the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Absolutely Frankie, that's why I didn't feel like posting until now. How is Steph? Any news?I'm moving on to Calpe today, as soon as I get my act together- will text you later for catch up xxx

@Bridget I guess Steph is alright. I didn't phone her . I don't want to sound obsessed and upset, or even make her anxious with my anxiety. She knows I think of her all the time, and she is a big girl. She has to take the decisions for her, not for me. When she feels like it, she'll phone, just as usual (looking forward to hearing her voice though!!!)
Kath and Howie are arriving this afternoon, so will have some good and happy reasons to have my mind booked up with better/happier thoughts!
F. xxxx

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi Bridget sounds like your having fun hopefully catch up in the spring take care & have a safe journey home happy travels Rod Mar & Charly

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
I've realised that in my haste to post about the drive from Gruissan to the border and not having checked what I had previously written, that I have missed out a few places! Oh, well, I can go back to them in a mo.... all part of the wibbly wobbly journey!

It felt good to be behind the wheel again yesterday as I drove down to Calpe - passing orange groves with one man and their dog and the green mountains that looked like plumped up velvet, with carved out sofa shaped shadows just waiting to be flopped into.

There was very little traffic around yesterday (Valencia excluded) but surprisingly a fair few British motorhomes heading north! Were they confused? That will be me in another week and I shall be invoking the same thought for others heading south. Still, that's a long way ahead and I do not have to do that journey now!

Spent a lovely evening with the fabulous @Eve who very kindly provided g&t, an excellent dinner and wine......ahhhh.... that's why my head is a little fuzzy this am! Thank you so much Eve, my turn tonight!:)

Must be off.... I've a dinner to plan...... for more than one.......fantastic!:D

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome to the Costa Blanca Bridget. Sorry we missed you, I promise we didn't leave because we knew you were coming, honest. The sites lovely and the showers are very good so make the most of them.

If Buffy likes a swim in the sea the only place you are allowed to take her is a tiny little pebble beach just left of the port. Otherwise both the main beaches exclude dogs and even some little coves that are pure rock have 'no dog' signs.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hee hee so funny... I've just posted on your thread re leaving. Thanks for the welcome.

Buffy has an on off relationship with the sea but loves playing on the beach. She'll be happy as long as she's out and about. I've managed to get her back into cycling but I've had to put an extension in as she does not like being close when I change gear. Came a bit of a cropper the other day I've got a massive bruise on my belly ( well, let's be honest, massive belly anyway!!!) as Buffy went one side of the lampost and me the other OWWW!

How's Izzy getting on? Any better with females?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Ouch, that sounds painful, was the lamppost OK?

Izzy's is her grumpy usual self, but the site we are on has no other dogs so she gets all the humans fussing her. Unfortunate it has cats though, which she screams at every time she sees one, sits there trembling with anticipation at the sight of one. Oh well, maybe she will finally get used to being near cats.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
It is just as you would think.... Orepessa del Mar suddenly went dark!

Oh no.....wait til the humans have gone and they leave behind a stroke me stroke me monster!! And then there is always the impact on Izzy........!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
This is all very well but we need photos as they make reports come alive:)

Any photos in particular?
I might get round to them in a mo whilst the stock pan is bubbling away for the paella Eve and I are having for our dinner later:D

That's the pan bubbling away, out in the sun, whilst I sit in shorts and a vest top.........
Got to get my priorities right!!:LOL:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Any photos in particular?
I might get round to them in a mo whilst the stock pan is bubbling away for the paella Eve and I are having for our dinner later:D

not really..anything is light relief for us stuck at home:)

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
I hope you don't mean stuck at home unwell @Judgemental ?
A couple of photos of today at
20151123_112434.jpg
Calpe.....
20151123_112420.jpg
20151123_112420.jpg

didn't have a clue what the pic would be as I was facing direct sun ....sorry..
20151123_112524.jpg

Weather has now turned.....raining hard so I'm off to get everything back in to cook indoors boo hoo!!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just got out of hospital so even a photo of somewhere nicer helps:)....lots of foodies on here as well :D

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
I so want to post about my trip to Guadalest yesterday but am going to be very good and go back to the bits that I have missed out!

After leaving Parc Verger I pointed myself in the general direction of Toulouse to call into Frankie (@yodeli) in Balma.

Had an enjoyable run on the N21 to Limoges and then hit a little problem..... well I didn't actually hit anything but 3 other vehicles in front of me did (no-one was badly hurt thankfully). This was at the junction for the A20 and with the fire truck to the right of me it was not possible to make the turn ( I had a good look at at but the firemen kept telling me Non!). Sat Nav (Giselle) was not very happy and kept insisting on my turning around..... I do wish I could shut her up sometimes....(oh how I would later regret that thought!!!) Back to the old ways of gut feeling and general sense of direction and VOILA.... I was back on track a little further down.

I'd been trundling along the D820 for a while when in the near distance I could see a road off to the left that looked interesting.... I took the road and ended up in a medieval town called Martel. What a fantastic place... there was an Aire just before entering the town ( free but no services, plenty of space for about 20 vans),
Aire at Martel 8th November 2015.jpg

a municipal campsite ( very small area for about 5 under 8m vans but loads of electric points, toilets, washing up area, water and waste disposal all free at the time)
Aire at Martel 8th November 2015.jpg
and an Aire on leaving the town. ( not checked out)

There were at least 3 churches in the centre of this small town, one of which houses the tourist information office whilst piano lessons were being held next door!
20151107_155815 Courtyart which houses tourist information Martel.jpg
20151107_160554 Martel town square.jpg

All this wandering around narrow lanes proved thirsty work so I found myself a little locals bar and.... because it would be rude not to... ordered myself a beer... fantastic! Yet another fabulous day:)

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
oops, I can see now that I made a boo boo..... 2nd photo was supposed to be of the municipal site. Think I must be tired as I have to keep correcting my typing too- fatal when I have to start looking at the keyboard! having problems uploading that photo now so I think it's off to bed with a nice cup of tea and a good read. will sort photos morrie when we will be off to Rocamadour....photos permitting!!!:D

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi Bridget

Enjoying the read and photos. Rocamadour is home for one of my favourite cheeses - but it does stink, big time!

Keep up the good work.

Clive:wine:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi, @Bridget
If you put these co-ordinates into your Sat Nav it will take you to a place, close to the centre of Rocamadour, where you can park your motorhome during the day.
N44.80144, E001.61972

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi @Rob and Val . Thank you for that. I have been a bit lazy keeping up to date with my travels so I was at Rocamadour about 3 weeks ago. I managed to park up by the chateau so not sure if those co-ordinates are for there or down the bottom? Up at the top there is a large motorhome parking area and it was obvious that some people had been staying overnight for perhaps a week :LOL:.

@Cleve .. hey Clive, yes I know what you mean, got to the point where I dreaded opening the fridge!:D
:censored: not sure if I've put the right smiley in as sun too bright now! And that definitely is not a complaint :cool:
I still seem to be having problems with uploading photos.. not the same without them so I will try again later...it is Sunday after all.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
You spoke to us at Cap Blanch when you drove in yesterday, perhaps you would like to pop over for a cup of tea or coffee, Joan & Mike

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Thank you Joan and Mike. I was about to have dinner- would it be ok to pop over in about half an hour?

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
we're just going to cook, come roundabout 8pm, will have something a bit stronger to drink.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
sounds like a plan! see you then

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Had a great evening with Joan and Mike who had me in stitches- Thank you @s20hymer from me and a woof from Buffy for her extra special treat.

Heading off Madrid way today but first off to the vet for in readiness for going home:(

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi @Rob and Val . No, you were right , I had posted that on ?saturday. For some unknown reason, (or a reason I now cannot remember) I had failed to post about Martel and Rocamadour in order..sorry.

Thank you so much for those co-ordinates and link though as I will definitely be returning here at some point in the not too distant future and will park where you have kindly suggested for the town and then I could go up to the chateau to see if you can still overnight there. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back