Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Apart from two short weekends, we have not had any trips in our MH, but now, long awaited and eagerly anticipated, off to Bonnie Scotland on Saturday for 9 nights. Not really at all adventurous, pre-booked only C&CC club sites, with as many amenities as we can get.

Oh, weather, please keep like it is today, that would be fantastic, but even if it isn't, we fully intend to have a great time.

Two nights at Luss, three on Skye, two at Scone and two at Moffat. Budgeted for £200 of fuel, hope to use less (just under 1000 miles).

Now, must remember, England qualified with two games to spare, Scotland failed to qualify with two games left. Don't mention the World Cup!

Basil!!

Steve

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
steveclecy;186053 Now said:
Don't forget!!!!! we don't want to have to send a search party, there is a lot of Scotland they can lose you in.

Have a good time I'm sure you will, Scotland's great. Good choice of sites have stayed at them all, and many more beside. Skye is great, if the weather is good take a trip round the top of Skye, wonderful museum called museum of highland life,[ not open on Sundays] also worth checking if going just for museum, also memorial to Flora MacDonald. Wonderful coastal views. We don't tend to go for this trip without weather, save for nice day.

Enjoy yourselves

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

charlie24

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Maryburgh, Ross shire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Make sure you get some Avon Skin so Soft before you get to Skye. The midges are eating people alive just now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Apart from two short weekends, we have not had any trips in our MH, but now, long awaited and eagerly anticipated, off to Bonnie Scotland on Saturday for 9 nights. Not really at all adventurous, pre-booked only C&CC club sites, with as many amenities as we can get.

Oh, weather, please keep like it is today, that would be fantastic, but even if it isn't, we fully intend to have a great time.

Two nights at Luss, three on Skye, two at Scone and two at Moffat. Budgeted for £200 of fuel, hope to use less (just under 1000 miles).

Now, must remember, England qualified with two games to spare, Scotland failed to qualify with two games left. Don't mention the World Cup!

Basil!!

Steve

Taken from my lochness thread a few months ago.......2.8ltr fiat ducato towing a vauxhall corsa.

quote.
955 miles = 176ltr diesel = approx 25mpg.....and towing the toad as well.
not bad for 4.75t in scotlands hills.:thumb: end quote.

go and enjoy !!!!!!

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
luss and sky thay shore do bite there .don't forget the Avon :cry:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
A must !!!!

When you are in Moffat make sure that you have a steak pie and the works at The Star Hotel , the narrowest hotel in the UK ! Absolutely the best I have ever tasted, don't have a starter or you won't manage the meal, they are huge. I always wild there on the car park right outside on my way up to the Hebrides.....And very good value too !!!...:ROFLMAO: :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We love Scotland and the Scots people. Built for motorhomes, enjoy yourself.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Have an excellent trip, I love scotland, and spent a 3 weeks there last month, including a week at Luss. Luss is unbelieveably beautiful, and most of the motor caravan pitches are adjacent to the beach.

If you are arriving from the south, there is a retail park/museum/huge aquarium/restaurants and a good retail village (which has unbelieveable bargains in outdoor wear!!). It's worth a stop for a couple of hours. If you're lucky, the big paddle steamer, Maid of the Loch, will be moored up. It's very large, and I think it's a sister ship to the Waverley. The complex is called 'Lomond Shores'.

Several shops adjacent to the car park at luss village, but make sure you explore the village fully (most people don't seem to leave the car park area). There are some good galleries, shops, and (apparently), the best cafe' in the UK - seems to have won a few awards.

Enjoy yourself, and take plenty of insect repellent, though truth be told, I wasn't bothered by insects at all in August, and there were no midges at all at Loch Lomond.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you're lucky, the big paddle steamer, Maid of the Loch, will be moored up. It's very large, and I think it's a sister ship to the Waverley.

The Maid is presently being restored and can be seen at Balloch .. ( see other Scottish post for a place to park ) not as big as Waverley but just as exciting to sail on..

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

jim

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries