First real trip - Scotland

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by steveclecy, Sep 10, 2009.

1. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Apart from two short weekends, we have not had any trips in our MH, but now, long awaited and eagerly anticipated, off to Bonnie Scotland on Saturday for 9 nights. Not really at all adventurous, pre-booked only C&CC club sites, with as many amenities as we can get.

Oh, weather, please keep like it is today, that would be fantastic, but even if it isn't, we fully intend to have a great time.

Two nights at Luss, three on Skye, two at Scone and two at Moffat. Budgeted for £200 of fuel, hope to use less (just under 1000 miles).

Now, must remember, England qualified with two games to spare, Scotland failed to qualify with two games left. Don't mention the World Cup!

Basil!!

Steve

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  3. charlie24

charlie24 Read Only Funster

Make sure you get some Avon Skin so Soft before you get to Skye. The midges are eating people alive just now.

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Taken from my lochness thread a few months ago.......2.8ltr fiat ducato towing a vauxhall corsa.

quote.
    955 miles = 176ltr diesel = approx 25mpg.....and towing the toad as well.
    not bad for 4.75t in scotlands hills.:thumb: end quote.

go and enjoy !!!!!!

5. dshague

dshague Funster

luss and sky thay shore do bite there .don't forget the Avon :cry:

6. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

A must !!!!

When you are in Moffat make sure that you have a steak pie and the works at The Star Hotel , the narrowest hotel in the UK ! Absolutely the best I have ever tasted, don't have a starter or you won't manage the meal, they are huge. I always wild there on the car park right outside on my way up to the Hebrides.....And very good value too !!!...:Rofl1: :thumb:

7. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

We love Scotland and the Scots people. Built for motorhomes, enjoy yourself.

8. savantuk

savantuk Read Only Funster

Have an excellent trip, I love scotland, and spent a 3 weeks there last month, including a week at Luss. Luss is unbelieveably beautiful, and most of the motor caravan pitches are adjacent to the beach.

If you are arriving from the south, there is a retail park/museum/huge aquarium/restaurants and a good retail village (which has unbelieveable bargains in outdoor wear!!). It's worth a stop for a couple of hours. If you're lucky, the big paddle steamer, Maid of the Loch, will be moored up. It's very large, and I think it's a sister ship to the Waverley. The complex is called 'Lomond Shores'.

Several shops adjacent to the car park at luss village, but make sure you explore the village fully (most people don't seem to leave the car park area). There are some good galleries, shops, and (apparently), the best cafe' in the UK - seems to have won a few awards.

Enjoy yourself, and take plenty of insect repellent, though truth be told, I wasn't bothered by insects at all in August, and there were no midges at all at Loch Lomond.

9. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

The Maid is presently being restored and can be seen at Balloch .. ( see other Scottish post for a place to park ) not as big as Waverley but just as exciting to sail on..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jim

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  10. derekfaeberwick

derekfaeberwick Read Only Funster

Wish we did have two games left. :Blush::Doh: