First 'real' outing in the 5er (1 Viewer)

Maverick355

Free Member
Apr 13, 2012
Preston, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi all,

Not posted for a while, but thought Id let you know about our first 'real' outing with the 5er last weekend.
Had the unit since last September but it was on a seasonal pitch in Lincolnshire, paid for until the end of the year so we took advantage of that and left it there. Loved travelling over to stay in it (were from Preston) and got used to all the features of the 5er, ironed out a few bugs etc last year.

Took it to Northampton in December for a brake / wheel bearing service and a few other jobs to fix, at Angle American Motor Company in Brixworth (Winnebago 5th wheel agents - very professional place, multiple 50+ foot long service bays with ramps that can take 5ers, A-class etc - not seen that anywhere else!).

Anyway, one thing and another and we were in late May before I could pick it up. So, our first 'real' outing (i.e. towing it to the campsite, setting up, etc) was last weekend. Decided not to go too far from home 'just in case!...' so went to Riverside Holiday Park near Southport. We had a super pitch booked but a mix up in the bookings (!) meant we didnt get one of those and in the end we opted for a grass pitch at the far end of the site. Grass was OK as the weather was fabulous and the ground was hard.

We stayed Friday through Monday and needless to say we had a perfect weekend. Our 3 year old Alfie loved every minute and having a big field virtually to himself was great fun.
Were going back again in a couple of weeks for a full week and then plan to go further afield in August and September.

Definately the best thing weve ever done as a family (getting the 5er) and were loving the whole experience!

Simon

Attachments

• P1040891.jpg
    P1040891.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 80

Suse

Free Member
Oct 26, 2010
spain 6 mths england 6 mt
Funster No
MH
fifth wheel and truck
Exp
Just finishing our third year of travelling through Spain and France to UK
Suse

So nice to hear something positive about a 5er. Thinking of getting one but only hear negative things from people who don't have them.

Rustie

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
We love ours Suse - been travelling for 6 months now and it gets better and better - have a look at my blog here - www.rustiesootravel.com
Any questions - feel free to ask - safe and happy travels :thumb:
Rustie

So nice to hear something positive about a 5er. Thinking of getting one but only hear negative things from people who don't have them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
And I am getting to grips with mine too. Ironed out all the little niggly things, personalised it, and have been using it locally and love it. I think it's far better for us at the moment, as opposed to the previous Winnebago we had.
Nothing wrong with that, just family circumstances meant we had to change.
So nice to have transport when on site too.
We are off to Spain next september, for the winter, so will give it a real work out then.
Tows a dream also.

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back