First post (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
First of all hello from a newbie.
I have camped and or caravaned since I was about 10 and just bought our 1st motor home a brand new Chausson Flash 04.

My 1st question (prob of many) is................ MH is fitted with a Smev 555 mini grill, the flame is VERY low and therefore takes an age to even do toast is this just how they are or have I got a problem. All other appliances are working fine and the bottle is full ec etc.
Many thanks in advance.

ips

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Welcome

:welcome:

Hi IPS

Welcome to the site.

Sorry I cannot help with the grill, all I can think is Our grill works on full on the first setting and we turn it further round to the half setting. So perhaps try turning in reverse (the same way as you turn to turn off).

Keep the questions coming. I am sure you will find lots of people keen to offer answers.

June

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi ips, Sorry I know nothing about the Smev, However I'm sure a Funster will be able to help you out. Meanwhile, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi ips WELCOME to the fun.

Sorry can't help with the Smev never had one.:Doh:

Dave

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
I have camped and or caravaned since I was about 10 and just bought our 1st motor home a brand new Chausson Flash 04.

My 1st question (prob of many) is................ MH is fitted with a Smev 555 mini grill, the flame is VERY low and therefore takes an age to even do toast is this just how they are or have I got a problem. All other appliances are working fine and the bottle is full ec etc.
Many thanks in advance.

ips

When you say 'all other appliances are working fine' you don't mention whether that includes the other gas burners on the cooker? I know it might sound silly but it might be something as simple as the in-line gas tap to the cooker not being fully open? :Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we dont have the smev....ours is a stoves but we rarely use the grill as it doesnt so much toast bread/grill bacon...it more dries it out.::bigsmile:
waste of time:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Papa's right the grill on these ovens is c**p. Just dries the bread out. :Eeek:
PS we've had three of them indifferent vans. :cry:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.

Many thanks in advance.

ips

Welcome aboard. You're in a good place here.

Grill...
If I remember correctly ours is a Spinflo oven with integral grill. Pat (HI) doesn't use the grill much, but on the few occasions she has it's been fine (e.g. grilling cheese topping on a Shepherds Pie - yummy).

Maybe it's just SMEVs and Stoves that are junk::bigsmile:

John

PS. We use a toaster for toast not that we have toast very often (I shouldn't really have marmalade).

Last edited:
OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Grill

we dont have the smev....ours is a stoves but we rarely use the grill as it doesnt so much toast bread/grill bacon...it more dries it out.::bigsmile:
waste of time:cry:

Well that sounds just like ours. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
update

Well I have just spoken to a bloke in the dealer service dept who "knows his stuff" apparently.
He informs me that they get a lot of compaints regarding these grills and there is no fault there just rubbish (my words not his)

::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back