Free Member
May 3, 2015
Herts, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
:)Well, we just got back from our first overnight stay in the Hymer and I have to say, that apart from the torrential rain keeping us awake for most of the night, all was well (y).
We went to the Royal Bath and West show and just stayed for the final night.

Nothing leaked, thank heavens, and we had a very nice time away from the children (the reasoning behind buying Henrietta Hymer in the first place).

The 'welcoming' committee for the camping/caravanning area were really lovely, very reassuring for novices like us and the ground was pretty good as well.

One thing I did notice was that other Motorhomers all waved as we drove past them, something that I haven't encountered since my VW Beetle driving days - all in all it was a very Grand couple of Days out
:love:.

Ali xx

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I hope that this will be just the first of many happy stopovers.
It does sound as if the rain is very close when you are inside your van but unless something catastrophic occurred, it should be very warm and dry inside your van, just one of the many pleasures of Motorhoming. Then if the rain does not go away, just drive to a drier place.
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Your Hymer should be fine in all weathers, i love going to bed in ours when it's raining! We call ours Herman Hymer!

Upvote 0

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
First of many we hope. We also use ours as a getaway from the children, who have left home but keep tracking us down, wherever we are, shhhh mums the word sneak off again

One of my favourite places in the rain, tucked up in bed in the Mo Ho with the rain pitter pattering on the roof, is it just me?
Oh as long as we are on hard standing not on grass

Need to build those muscles in your waving arm plent of that required over the coming months

Enjoy your new freedom and lifestyle

Upvote 0
OP
OP
amentalcat

amentalcat

Free Member
May 3, 2015
Herts, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
I normally love going to sleep when its raining, but it wasn't a gentle rainstorm, it sounded like a small herd of tiny elephants tap dancing over my head for about 7 hours :D.

All good fun though .

Ali x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Enjoy your new chapter, a friend tells me life is like an onion with lots of layers, it's, true in my case. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back