First Outing (1 Viewer)

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Hello All,
Just returned from our first ever outing in our 2007 Autotrail on the Fiat chassis with the 2.3Mjet engine.
First thing to say is, what a dream vehicle to drive, very smooth, great engine torque, not certain yet but MPG seems ok too.
We had 5 days in a very wet and windy Norfolk, doing about 400 miles.
Upon arrival at the site I quickly realised that the grass pitches were a big no no, even cars were having to be pulled off with the owners 4x4 jeep, the site layout made it so I had to reverse up a muddy stone track about 100metres each day. I had to stay on the road overnight, which unfortunately meant walking through mud to get in and out and having two Cocker Spaniels made the situation hard work trying to keep the interior nice and clean.
After 3 night in the Mud I reversed a bit further on to what I though was some firmer dryer virgin grass area for a mud free night, guess what, couldn't get off again!! I had taken wood and old carpet for this but to no avail, I also had to get towed off!! ( Been reading threads and am now looking for some Bread Crates to cut up)
Apart from that everything worked perfectly thankfully and the reversing gave me comfort in regard to the dreaded judder I had read so much about, no sign of it at all thankfully as I knew that the MH had had no mods done, I had contacted the previous owner who said he had had nothing done as he had never experienced any problems in his 4,000 miles of ownership.
All I have to do now is wash the thing.............it's Filthy!!!
Regards Paul

OP
OP
P

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Hi Stewart,

We have the Cheyenne 635SE, we were attracted by the Mid Kitchen and end bathroom layout, two opposing bench seats rather than the Dinette in the lounge area, we also liked.
Also not we have other things in Common, I am also in to Photography, Birds and Wine!!!
Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Nice van Autotrails, I have a Cheyenne 640SE in stock and felt immediately at home in it, loved the overhead concealed lighting, lovely and warm as well.

OK its on the pre x250 chassis but pulled well and seemed very economical on the 150 mile trip back to deliver it to the dealership and that was towing a Toad behind as well.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back