First Night In My New Motorhome.... (1 Viewer)

marcus153

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630 Mercedes
Exp
A long train journey from Oxford to just south of York on Saturday morning to pick up my new motorhome (second hand Hymer S630). After the hand over I drove the LHD vehicle back to Oxfordshire for a test camp at Bladon Chains (CC site next to Blenheim Palace)

Very impressed with the vehicle which was easy to drive and went very well on the long journey down the M62, M18, M1, A42, M42 and M40 A34 (plenty of driving practice!)

The drop down electric bed was very comfortable as people have mentioned prior to me buying. The layout with the rear U shape lounge works very well at Club sites with the rules of how you park (windows facing the correct way for views on a right hand habitation door vehicle)

back in storage now and work tomorrow which is a bit depressing....

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Is it your first motorhome or have you upgraded?

We've ordered our first one....about 4 hours ago, after about 10 years of procrastinating!!

We are just trying to decide where to go for our first overnighter....probably local to test the water.

What trips have you got planned? Maybe if you hurry up and plan something, work tomorrow won't seem so bad.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
marcus153

marcus153

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630 Mercedes
Exp
Yes my first motor home - and like you have been dreaming/researching for over 10 years!

Nothing planned this year but will mainly be weekends away local to Oxfordshire. This was an impulse buy so already had holiday booked in house in Cornwall.

good luck with your search - any ideas what you are after?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Always good to have the first night in the bag so you know what to expect, I am sure you will have many more enjoyable times away, a great way of life. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
marcus153

marcus153

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630 Mercedes
Exp
Hi Langtoftlad - Yes very good site - clean and well looked after and like you this was my first CC site so not able to compare. The site has a mixture of hard standing pitches around a figure of eight road with grass pitches on the inside area of the road. all the hard pitches seem level with some of the grass pitches having a gentle slope. There is one block of toilets and showers (i think four male showers?) but no problems. there is also a little road noise which I think is louder on the right hand side as you drive in the site. We were on the left side and on the grass internal pitch. great pitch facing West so had a great sunset over the trees. All pitches have EHU and also a digital aerial (need your own coaxial cable) and plenty of water and waste areas. Has a motor home waste point for grey water

10 min walk to Churchill's grave in Bladon and if you go past the pub opposite church (white horse??) you can get into the grounds of Blenheim palace free (public footpath) main gate charge circa 13£

Woodstock is 10 mins in the other direction and is very middle class full of artisan shops and nice pubs, restaurants. Also on the road into Woodstock is a bus stop to Oxford (20 mins away)

enjoy..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back