Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
The wife and I ordered our first motorhome yesterday from Lowdhams in Nottingham, a Swift Bollero 722FB. Delivery date expected beginning of May. Grahame Swann was who we dealt with, what a lovely man. No pressure sale , it's taken us a almost a year to choose the right one and through out Graham urged us not to rush into buyinng but take our time choosing the right one for us. What a nice Man. So glad we went to Lowdhams.
Really looking forward to meeting new friends.

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
welcome!:thumb:

you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Graham sounds like just the right guy for making such a major purchase.

We bought out first MH last year and haven't regretted it at all. Exactly the opposite. It is the best investment we've ever made.

I can't wait to get back on the road with it now that the weather is starting to brighten up a little.

Welcome to the wonderful world of motorhoming. If you love it anywhere near as much as my dear wife and I you're in for a great time.

Get practicing your waving now ::bigsmile:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Congratulations and well done on taking your time to choose the right van.We find it amazing how many times we talk to people who just buy a van and then decide it is'nt the right layout etc and then lose a lot of money on changing it.
Enjoy every trip in it.

OP
OP
R

rronyag

Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thankyou, we're really looking forward to our new life. I'm glad we took our time and eventually chose the right one for us. We hired a couple with different layouts and that helped to make our minds up. We look forward to meeting new friends.

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Welcome from one newbie to another, we got ours on Monday but have not yet had the chance to get out in it. I think it may be another 6 weeks until we get a day off, but cant wait::bigsmile: Lots of things to learn and places to go:RollEyes:
Martin

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello and welcome , Im sure you will love your new toy:thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
A big welcome! We wish you lots of fun and pleasure in your new mh when you get it in May:thumb:

Like us, you will appreciate the freedom it gives you to just "up and off" on your travels............lots of luck in the future!::bigsmile:

Bill & Margaret

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I bet you can hardly wait ... the time will fly so get planning!!! :Smile:

As for Grahame, yes he's a lovely chap and last time I heard his son was working there too. We were looked after very well by Grahame when he was at B*hills (old lot) but eventually he had had enough and went to Lowdhams. We always make a point of popping to see him at shows and he always remembers us and even our dogs (for a good reason I hope!:Blush:).

We bought a Rapido 709F from B*hills and took a long time making our minds up ... months in fact ... and at no point were we pushed at all by Grahame. We explained to him what we wanted to do/how we holidayed etc and he though the Rapido would suit us perfectly and he was right - we kept it for nearly 4 years and only changed it as our way of motorhoming changed and we outgrew it.

When we changed last time we made a point of going to Lowdhams to see Grahame and what was available there, but unfortunately they couldn't do a suitable deal so we went elsewhere, otherwise we'd have bought from them - it makes a lot of difference to the whole 'experience' if you feel you are dealing with someone you can trust. That's one of the reasons why we travelled 250 miles to Highbridge to buy our current MH plus the deal was stonking!:thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
welcome

Hi, we wish you well with your new motorhome, it opens up a fantastic new world of enjoyment.

We looked at Lowdhams but ended up getting a better deal from the place next door, "Fullers"

May will be here before you know and there is sooo much to do.

Have fun.:thumb:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Hi and welcome to motorhoming! I am sure you will enjoy it.We have only been involved for just over a year but it has changed our lives.We are only back a few weeks and then itching to get off again! We went to Lowdhams as they had the van we wanted.Happy with the service but the deal needed a lot of work. We got what we wanted in the end!
Bet you can't wait to get started! :thumb:
John and Carole

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well done, another Leicestershire motorhomer ! We also bought new from Lowdhams, found the sales team very good (Steve at the time) good deal & good service. I was not so impressed with the after sales, the van had a couple of wiring faults on the tv booster & the tracker (both fitted by Lowdhams)
I was told,to busy preparing vans sold at Peterborough, 3 weeks is the earliest we can look at you! As I was using the van working away I paid a local dealer in Peterborough to sort them out.
May be an isolated glitch, and it would not stop me buying from them again. Our van is a Swift and are pleased to say we have had no other defects in the 3 years of ownership.:thumb:

OP
OP
R

rronyag

Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie

Thanks for your reply. Proud to be a Leicestershire owner! Sorry to hear your problem with Lowdhams but pleased you're sorted now. Hopefully we won't need to bother Lowdhams for quite sometime and hopefully never. We're looking forward to exploring and joining you good folk on some weekend meets.

OP
OP
R

rronyag

Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks to all

Thanks for all your replays and encouragement, looking forward to a few weekend meets over the summer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back