Free Member
Aug 5, 2011
Calne
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
was going to go down the selfbuild route but lack of spare time this winter,we're thinking about buying a early 90s motorhome 4 to 6 berth.eg fiat,talbot.which should we choose being our first one and should we get petrol or 2.5diesel,got upto 5k to spend.:Smile:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi and welcome :flyingwelcome:
I would go for a diesel as they last and carry the weight better, As for witch van I have no idea but someone will be along soon.Just remember before you buy post on here for more advice on what you are looking at.

All The best
Rob

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dabber

Free Member
Aug 5, 2011
Calne
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
been looking on ebay,loads of talbots on there most of them petrol some diesel so will go and have a look at some of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I'd definately look at diesels...preferably turbocharged for the torque and power.
Check mileage and servicing ties up with odometer...

Test drive is a must as is looking for rust/damp....

Good luck.....

Steve.

Upvote 0

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Hi and welcome. As a newcomer here myself I can only say you've come to the right place, I'm sure you will get much useful advice with your prospective purchase, as indeed I have. Good luck,

Mike

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, would think about a diesel, the engines are built to do large mileages so that should not be a problem, check the body work though and inside for damp. Good Luck with your search, let us know how you get on.:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
The Talbot Express Fiat Ducato Citroen C25 and Peugeot J5 were the same thing up to about 1994 but with various engines by different manufacturers. The 2l petrol is a Peugeot engine, the 2l diesel is IIRC a Citroen and the 2.5l TD is a Fiat. The preferred options seem to be the 2l petrol (with LPG if poss) or the 2.5l TD.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back