Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Only been a motorhomer for a few weeks and to be honest hadn't really been looking at other drivers. Then today I caught the eye of someone else in a motorhome and he waved at me.

I thought, "Do I know him?", then it happened twice this afternoon. Is this a coincidence or is this a motorhome thing, in which case should I be waving at every motorhome I see in case they think I'm rude :Sad:.

Brian.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Not everyone does but it makes moterhomers feel beter so why not.

It shows your happy with your lot. IMO

Enjoy it

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you feel as if you want to, a lot do and some don't, having a motorhome does kind of make you a member of a huge community, just wait until you are on a camp site and lift the bonnet and pretty quick you will have various men joining you.

Upvote 0

Another Lesley

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
If you feel as if you want to, a lot do and some don't, having a motorhome does kind of make you a member of a huge community, just wait until you are on a camp site and lift the bonnet and pretty quick you will have various men joining you.

I shall do that .............. if it doesn't work I shall make a report to trading standards.:roflmto::whistle:

Upvote 0
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
If they wave and it's better than ours, we ignore them as they are only trying to show off.
If they wave and it's older than ours, we still ignore them as we are better than them.
If they come a' knocking we set the dog on them.
If they don't, we call them stuck up.

But once on the meet at Waldegraves, hey, it's party time and we are equal amongst equals.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Feeling bad

I feel bad now, for the last few weeks I haven't been waving. (I didn't know the rules). But maybe it doesn't count if they know you haven't seen them.

I probably should be watching the road, but from now on I will wave like a nutter at absolutely everyone. If I am watching the road then I will get the other half to wave on my behalf.

If they don't wave back I will hunt them down and tell them that you lot said they should have waved. :Blush:

I notice that bus drivers and train drivers always wave. I wonder what other form of transport waves.

I have been a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist and have never been waved at, so I kinda feel special now in my motorhome.

Do you have to do extra waves if you spot they have a motorhomefun sticker in their window?

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I was waved at by Triumph Spitfires when I had one, and also by MGBs when I had one. Since I started campering I have had 2 Autosleepers, which were easily identifiable, and was always waved at. The current van is a blue WildAx and looks like any builder's Citroen Relay, so no one waves, and I really miss it! :cry: :cry:

Catherine

Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I was waved at by Triumph Spitfires when I had one, and also by MGBs when I had one. Since I started campering I have had 2 Autosleepers, which were easily identifiable, and was always waved at. The current van is a blue WildAx and looks like any builder's Citroen Relay, so no one waves, and I really miss it! :cry: :cry:

Catherine

All together now aaaaaawwwwwwww :cry:

Upvote 0

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Waving

We always wave, it's nice to share :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: trying to get Molly the cockerpoo to wave, but she is a bit new and can't balance on the dash board yet ,,, :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: joke joke joke :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: must try a better glue:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:f

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I feel bad now, for the last few weeks I haven't been waving. (I didn't know the rules). But maybe it doesn't count if they know you haven't seen them.

I probably should be watching the road, but from now on I will wave like a nutter at absolutely everyone. If I am watching the road then I will get the other half to wave on my behalf.

If they don't wave back I will hunt them down and tell them that you lot said they should have waved. :Blush:

I notice that bus drivers and train drivers always wave. I wonder what other form of transport waves.

I have been a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist and have never been waved at, so I kinda feel special now in my motorhome.

[HI]Do you have to do extra waves if you spot they have a motorhomefun sticker[/HI] in their window?

We certainly do.......if it's smudger or Ambilkate or carol or Movan then it's a genuine affectionate wave, wheras if it's Old Mo, Fidget, Griffs, or chrisgreen it's a very different kinda wave. If however it's our leader (may his name always be worshipped) it will be more a salute, bow or courtsey.

If any of you ever see Buttons I must insist that you invent a sitting on the fence splinter up yer Arris sort of wave.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, We have always waved :yeah: but wife gets annoyed when its not returned or ignored.
Just a suggestion perhaps the funster shop should sell those large foam hands with thumbs pointing up:thumb:, in bright yellow with club monogram on ( like a lot of football club supporters have to show support) we'd certainly get noticed then!!!!:thumb::thumb:

thanks popeye griff for your special wave, I'm sure you'd get a polite wave in return plus a few choice mutterings!!!:Angry:
Terry

Upvote 0

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
"I have been a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist and have never been waved at, so I kinda feel special now in my motorhome."

As a motorcyclist and motorhomer, I cannot believe if you were on a motorcyle (larger than 50cc) you have not had 'the nod' from a fellow motorcyclist.

In the motorhome we always wave at others, still haven't managed to work out if we should or should not wave to opposite carriageway on the motorway, as we seem to notice some do but most don't, whereas on the A roads most do but some don't

Take it easy and enjoy

Kev

Upvote 0

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans
Just suggested the OH does that..... she told me that if she did I would be bloody freezing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Zara

Free Member
Nov 24, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie

Do you have to do extra waves if you spot they have a motorhomefun sticker in their window?

Land rover owners wave .....my daughter always applauds the land rovers we pass ....for not having broken down ( many, many bad experiences with them throughout her childhood :ROFLMAO:)
Zara x

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back