First long weekend (1 Viewer)

scooby

Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
Exp
just started
Just got back from our fist long weekend away, at Porthmadog, it was great, really glad we got our motorhome now, didnt venture out just stayed on site, still a bit unsure about parking it when you go out for the day, was anyone else like this at first???:Smile:

rav4girly

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
We are getting more confident. I think everyone is a bit anxious when they first start motorhoming. Glad to hear your weekend was fun.

Upvote 0

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Fantastic. We have just been up to Leyburn, N Yorks, in the car today and it was great to see all the MHs and caravans out on the road once more. Yes, I think everybody is a bit nervous about leaving the MH when you go out but you soon get used to that. As long as you take sensible precautions, why would they pinch yours and not somebody else's? Rather than keep driving the MH to points of interest, we now try and stay near to a bus route. Much easier.

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Just got back from our fist long weekend away, at Porthmadog, it was great, really glad we got our motorhome now, didnt venture out just stayed on site, still a bit unsure about parking it when you go out for the day, was anyone else like this at first???:Smile:

You'll soon get used to driving it around, I fitted a reversing camera to mine as it had a six foot blind spot at the rear, the camera means you can see that there are no children or concrete posts right behind you. The more you drive it the easier it will get.

John

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

Ralph was , he isn't now.
I still am .
I'm OK driving it , even through built up areas now :roflmto:
I can drive it to the storage place and park up, but thats easy i just a drive in , and leave in our spot. I can do the supermarket car park .
I haven't tried to reverse park into a spot , say between 2 parked cars, at the side of a road.
Ralph says i could do it , its just doing it. Confidence. :Blush:
Bev

Upvote 0

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Course you could Bev. Admittedly, I've not done it in the Buccaneer but you've driven one, you've driven them all. You can do it.

Ivy

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back