first long trip (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
good evening from a damp n ireland as i type this on my nokia 3G phone in a forest campsite just outside cookstown by lough neagh we are john and janet been keen caravaners for nearly twenty yrs but bought our first motorhome a eura mobil profila 660 hg just before going to egypt for xmas just getting used to the freedom have been up the giants causeway for a week and get the ferry back to england this weekend

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good evening John & Janet, I know Cookstown well and have fished in Lough Neagh (which I think is the largest lake in Britain) That's a lovely area you are in. ::bigsmile::thumb:

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
Hi John and Janet, hope you're both enjoying your first long trip overseas. How are you getting on with the van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

roger buckley

Free Member
Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
giants causeway

Hi John
This is my first visit to this site , having seen the caravan channel last night. I would be most interested in your thoughts on travelling to the causeway , as I have just booked my first long trip to Drumaheglis caravan site at bally money , for my summer vacation with my family of 5 , in my hymer. I am now trying to work out which ferry is best , given that i am travelling from Northants. Any thoughts ?

OP
OP
C
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
hi everyonehe we are in newcastle now at the foot of the mourne mountains in answer to clare and mat still got a few niggles with discover as some items on snag list still outstanding but in general the van is fine plenty of room in both kingsize beds kitchen a bit cramped but come the better weather will use the barbie in relation to the causeway plenty of campsites and loads of places to wildcamp outside pirt rush we saw loads of campers parked up on the free car park outsode port rushstrand over the bank holiday weekend we used stena fleetwod lane to save the drive up to scotlaand if u are coming from the south i would try norfolk line birkenhead belfast for a deal on a morning sailing or maybe go in to dublin and drive up

roger buckley

Free Member
Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
thanks for the advice- i will have a look at these variants
regards roger:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
I know what you mean about the limited kitchen space. We're thinking about getting a mini oven for when we can't use the Cadac.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back