Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all,
just thought I'd let you know that me and the wife are off to the South of France on Friday evening::bigsmile: We had a run to Somerset a couple of Weeks ago to Eddie's (Vanbitz) to have an alarm fitted on the new van but this is quite a bit further. I've done the journey many times in the car but this feels so different:RollEyes: We have marked a couple of Aires to stay on the way down, one in Arque and the other in Beaune so fingers crossed. Hoping to get to Le lavandou on Sunday. I'll let you know how we get on upon our return.
Bye for two Weeks,
Lee & Caroline. :thumb:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you get the chance to visit Dijon it's worth the detour, especially on market day (Tuesday).

Bon voyage.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Beaune is a nice little town, with a decent aires.
The parking bays are a little tight to get in to, but most people were parking in the bus/truck bays.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all,
just thought I'd let you know that me and the wife are off to the South of France on Friday evening::bigsmile: We had a run to Somerset a couple of Weeks ago to Eddie's (Vanbitz) to have an alarm fitted on the new van but this is quite a bit further. I've done the journey many times in the car but this feels so different:RollEyes: We have marked a couple of Aires to stay on the way down, one in Arque and the other in Beaune so fingers crossed. Hoping to get to Le lavandou on Sunday. I'll let you know how we get on upon our return.
Bye for two Weeks,
Lee & Caroline. :thumb:

Yes-it is a lot further and I felt the same before our very first trip to France :thumb:
But,once we had found our way out of Calais and got going,I found that I kept laughing involuntarily at the thought of being in France in our own MotorHome and masters of our own destiny ::bigsmile:
It was even better than we expected.
Good luck,'Nayez pas peur' :ROFLMAO:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Don't forget to pack your since of humour somewhere accessible.::bigsmile:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Beaune is a favourite spot of ours - spoil yourselves and have a great meal there in the square, and go and see the spectacular hospital, it's a one off - built in the 1440s and treated patients up to 1970. Fascinating and very beautiful.

Lots of wine shops too, lovely burgundy. Wish we were going with you!

Catherine

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Have a great time. Wish it was us going on our travels.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have fun and stay safe. Remember to take care at roundabouts etc if you are like us and haven't driven much on the other side of the road.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don't forget to pack your since of humour somewhere accessible.::bigsmile:

Along with the toilet paper. The French don't seem to use it. Flip-flops also useful if you have to use a "two-footprint" loo.

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Enjoy! Wish I was going too:Smile:

Dot

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Made it here safely

Thanks for all your comments, got to le lavandou on Sunday. We stayed at the aire at Arques for the first night then on the second night we stayed at an aire in Beaune. The aire at Arque was lovely and quiet but the one at Beaune was very busy and a bit like a travellers site, we had to park in a bus lane!
Weather here terrific 20 degrees and beautiful blue sky. Setting off back on Monday.
Regards to all,
Lee.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We were down at Narbonne and Valras Plage last week. Nice warm 15 degrees! Have a good trip back. If you go past Langres, it's worth a stop. It's a fortified town with a great walk all around the city wall and great views. Aire is a bit strange though next to a hospital!
Troyes is a nice a City too, another good place to stop
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back