Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
All I can say is wow!

First time over the water in the MH and I can see why so many of you are hooked.

Loved every second of it.

We did a Whistle Stop Tour of Brugge just for a tester.

Left the Midlands 7am Saturday morning, drove to Folkestone. Boarded the Euro Tunnel which was also the first time I've been on it. Been on the Eurostar, but that's just like any other train. The "Chunnel" was great.

I still can't beleive that you can get in your vehicle at home and drive to France without even getting out of your car. Of course, that's a slight lie with a MH, as I had to get out to open the Gas Locker for the nice man to check.

Thermos water dispenser at the ready and tea and biscuits during the crossing in the back of the MH.

A short while later, navigating around the station in Brugge which was soooooo busy, people, cars, buses and MHs everywhere. Aparently, this is always the case the last weekend before Christmas as they do things like free public transport to get people into the City to spend.

As we drove past the Aire, I couldn't believe my eyes, it was full, in fact, fuller than full as the lorry park next to it was also busting with Coaches.

Just out of interest, did anyone stay at the Aire on Saturday night. We had opted for Camping Memling which is about a mile from the city gates.

Great little Camp site with everything you could need either there, or just outside. A few UK MHs there, but as we didn't get there until 3pm, didn't see a soul. Headed into the City via the Bus, which again was FREE, usually 2 Loorolls (sorry that's what I call Euros) or a little cheaper if bought in the Petrol Stations.

Had a few great hours looking around the Christmas Market, wandering around the shops and sights and a nice slap up meal which HAD to be some sort of fish with Leffe Blond beer (I used to spend a lot of time in Belgium, so it brought back some fond memories).

We then decided to walk back to the Camp site, which was a nice pleasant stroll to walk off the over-eating we'd done. We settled down for a very rainy night which luckly started just as we got back. Next morning it was up and away (after dropping off the grey waste) stopping at both Stop&Shop in Adinkerke for Cigarettes (yuck, not for us, but family, don't like buying for family, but they are not going to give up, so may as well get it cheaper) and then Carrefour before boarding the Chunnel to come back.

My only grip was we where early enough to get an earlier train which we were offered on check-in, so I accepted, but then we missed it due to the queues at the UK Border Control. However, what made up for that was the beautiful French girl with nice perfume who checked the Gas bottle!....

Then back home it was the drive back to the midlands. A lot of people think we are mad for doing a Brugge trip for a single night.........

...we look at like this; The MH gives us the freedom to be able to do a quick stop over like this whenever we feel like it!

Thanks to all those that have given us advice along the way and no we've broken our Euro Virginity, can't wait for a longer tour coming soon! :thumb: ::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Brugge. We have spent many weekends there in both summer and winter. It is a beautiful city and well worth the visit.

Brisey.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well done Craig, I've still not used the chunnel, always take the ferry as it seems the start of the break. Went to Brugge in early September and loved it.

Good write up, thanks...........Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yep... Over the water always seem's like the place to be and they cater for our van's so well.. No wonder we all keep going to France etc..

So I guess you will be planning your next trip soon and for a bit longer... Enjoy....:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back