First class service from over there (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Being one keen on good service I feel I want to share with you other motor home owners the kind of service I received from over the other side of the pond to me here in the UK.

I have owned my B class Winnebago Aspect now just over a year and when it arrived in the UK it had a missing fuse holder to the roof power vent. The vent is on a lot of American motor homes and is called a Fantastic Vent... this is in effect an electric extractor or pull the air in unit. The latest versions come with rain sensors and will open and shut via remote control or even work on auto. Mine is the basic 4000 version being stamped made in October 2004. The motor home rolled off the Winnebago line in early 2005.

I finally got round to the last job which was sorting the not working fan out. (The boss said she has heard me saying that before - i.e the last job - ) anyway the end of the fuse holder was missing from the panel.. It was missing when it arrived in the UK and I was not ever sure it actually worked.

I contacted the company in the USA (one of the oldest in the industry) by email. I got a reply the same day telling me where to find the model number etc., as the paper work I had was not that informative. I went back to them once located and an e mail this morning telling me a new fuse holder is on the way to me. - all within 48 hours and the best bit? no charge.

Now that is after sales service ... wish my local main Mercedes dealer did as well with my new Smart car? 4 months old and still problems from day one and parts on back order to the factory. I digress. I just wanted to share the feeling of pleasure I got from this experiance. I have got the fan working by taking it down out of the roof and putting a shunt fuse near the switch, but now in a few weeks I will have the correct item installed and that niggle of a hole where the fuse should be will be gone.

Well done Fantastic Vent company int he USA:thumb:

Bob

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
In the past when i have needed to contact companies over the pond for info on bits/manuels they have always been very good , suburban being one that even sent me a pdf of the engineers manuel for working on their furnace for our first 5th wheel plus telling me where i could order bits for it over here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back