Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We're going through what we need for France, but just wondered what type of First Aid kit would suffice? Some are fairly simple and others are quite expensive, what would you suggest would be acceptable?

Amazon seem to have everything needed on their website:thumb:

Many thanks, Bill & Margaret

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you need anything more than plasters, a bandage, safety pins (for the bandage) and antiseptic cream you need A+E.

we now have 2 or 3 cheap and basic kits onboard, picked up over the years.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I agree that a basic First Aid kit does not need to be extensive, and always bear in mind, if you dont know how to do it properly, anything beyond a plaster and antiseptic is the job for proffessionals. Technically you can be sued if you render assistance to anyone without training and their permission first.

I also believe that it is essential for at least one member of a household to undertake a proper first aid course. For that reason, we always carry an extensive kit as the next life it saves might be ours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I asked my eldest son, keen first aider with St.Johns and others. The result is a kit suitable for an ambulance, and I don't even recognise half the stuff in it.
Came in useful though lately as a large dressing (pad and bandage arrangement) applied to the grab handle on the door stopped the dog tether taking the paint off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back