firmware upgrade for alfa AWUS036NH (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi All trying to install the firmware upgrade but can't get laptop to connect to [HI]192.168.2.1.[/HI]
Anyone any ideas?
cheers
David:Smile:
have you tried 192.168.1.1 as the address? as far as i remember that is the default address for the adapter

OP
OP
D

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
tried 192.168.1.1 but no luck. maybe I have the correct firmware, but stuck untiol i can get into the awu
cheers
David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I think I'm getting myself and everyone confused! I think the firmware upgrade will be for my alpha r36 router not the signal booster!
I ve got the booster to connect to the broadband , but when I open a browser it tells me no network!!
Any ideas welcomed!
David

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
I take it you are doing the upgrade from the same device that this is plugged into?
If so just to check go to a command prompt and run ipconfig check the gateway address it should be the default of 192.168.2.1 if not use the gateway shown in the ipconfig output in a web browser and access the gui.
It is recommended to set a static ip address but I think its not necessary if you,ve got one when you do the above command.If you still cant connect to the gui try ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew then ipconfig to see that you,ve got an ip address.Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back