maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Can anyone recommend a supplier of good quality foam for seating? I want to keep the same covers but the existing foam is not supportive enough for my liking - compresses down too much. :Eeek:

Preferably a 'real' company that I can visit with the seats rather than one I have to post the covers off to. I want to try the foam out before I buy it.

Currently in the Uttoxeter area so also preferably Staffordshire or that neck of the woods.

Any recommendations gratefully received. Thank you.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Better get Nix to chew some samples first and choose the one she doesn't like... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Nix knows better than to chew the furniture! We are talking about an intelligent dog here ......... and a determined owner. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Maz, Your lucky to be in the cheapest area in the country. Have had a few jobs done on trailers and campers by a guy who has a small upholstery business not far from were you now are. Go back along the A500 to Stoke and take the exit for Hanley. Carry on till you go over the flyover with Shell station on your right. His shop is on your right on the first roundabout that you come to.
He has done jobs for me with different layers of foam sandwiched together till we got it to my liking.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Maz, Your lucky to be in the cheapest area in the country. Have had a few jobs done on trailers and campers by a guy who has a small upholstery business not far from were you now are. Go back along the A500 to Stoke and take the exit for Hanley. Carry on till you go over the flyover with Shell station on your right. His shop is on your right on the first roundabout that you come to.
He has done jobs for me with different layers of foam sandwiched together till we got it to my liking.

Many thanks for that. I've tracked him down from your description using Google Maps. One of his vans was parked outside and I've been able to read the phone number on it. Will give him a call next week. :Smile:

fusbill

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just had our 'van done by Tappers in king Norton. We choose a mixture of a firm foam with 2 / 3cm of memory foam on the top. although not used it yet it seems to be a good compromise for seating use and bedding use. We hope we'll be able to dispense with the mattress toppers with this combination.

Hope this helps.

bill

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Many thanks for that. I've tracked him down from your description using Google Maps. One of his vans was parked outside and I've been able to read the phone number on it. Will give him a call next week. :Smile:

Google Earth. Wonderful! Plus a resourceful woman ::bigsmile: Jane

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Just had our 'van done by Tappers in king Norton. We choose a mixture of a firm foam with 2 / 3cm of memory foam on the top. although not used it yet it seems to be a good compromise for seating use and bedding use. We hope we'll be able to dispense with the mattress toppers with this combination.

Hope this helps.

bill

That sounds a good idea. I'll only be using the foam for seating not bedding - but as a fulltimer I spend quite a lot of time sitting on it! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Google Earth. Wonderful! Plus a resourceful woman ::bigsmile: Jane

I just love the glimpses of everyday life that Google StreetView throws up. Wonder if it's ever been used to catch someone out? :Eeek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As I said in the earlier post, the guy has made up sandwiches of various foam and latex densities to make it more comfortable and also to keep its shape.
This chap is well known for his work among serious travellers who spend a lot of time in there vans. He will make stacks of foam and latex up on the floor till you find the right balance of firmness and comfort.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I just love the glimpses of everyday life that Google StreetView throws up. Wonder if it's ever been used to catch someone out? :Eeek:
Cant imagine what you mean by that Maz.:RollEyes:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
As I said in the earlier post, the guy has made up sandwiches of various foam and latex densities to make it more comfortable and also to keep its shape.
This chap is well known for his work among serious travellers who spend a lot of time in there vans. He will make stacks of foam and latex up on the floor till you find the right balance of firmness and comfort.

Sounds like it could be a good day out! :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back