Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am buying a mobile satelite internet system. This is the one that has me interested right now, Link Removed

The rates are here

Expensive compared to dongles But I need a connection for work, and even though I have a dongle from BT, Vodaphone and 3, the black spots are enormous and that is before you get on the ferry and enter what seems to be an internet free countryside, even if you could afford the charges. With a sat sytem, the promise of a connection wherever you are, wind permitting, makes it well worth it, well for me at least. Do any of you have experience of sat internet? What real world speeds did you recieve?

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Looks interesting Jim, only problem for us it doesnt over enough countries coverage.

Pat

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
May I suggest you PM Monsi Jim? or have a chat with him at the bring and buy. He has sat internet with all its buckles and braces and swears buy it. He has explained it to me a couple of times but I get lost in the translation. I just want to play xbox on line when im away :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
May I suggest you PM Monsi Jim? or have a chat with him at the bring and buy. He has sat internet with all its buckles and braces and swears buy it. He has explained it to me a couple of times but I get lost in the translation. I just want to play xbox on line when im away :Blush:

Thanks, Monsi is pitched with the Funsters this weekend, I will have a chat with him.:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
On this occasion I will allow you to have it as you deserve it and been a good boy :winky:

I dont want to hear of any other new pressy this year though or I will get very.......:Angry:

Hope it makes life easier mate:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim

never looked at it seriously, couldn't justify the cost, but understand why you are considering it ..

Have you compared the monthly / annual costs with Link Removed?

Also have a word with Karl, (Grommet) I know he used Datastorm but had a lot of issues.. .. not sure what he uses now..

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim

never looked at it seriously, couldn't justify the cost, but understand why you are considering it ..

Have you compared the monthly / annual costs with Link Removed?

Also have a word with Karl, (Grommet) I know he used Datastorm but had a lot of issues.. .. not sure what he uses now..

It was Karl that gave me the link to the IPCopter model, as for BGAN, no I have not compared costs yet, thanks for the link, I'll take a look:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You know much more about it than me and if the kit does the job you want it to then I think it will be very useful (and brilliantly cool)... but when I looked at the sat systems of the day (a couple of years ago) I was put off by the slow speeds of both download and upload.

I guess if you are not doing a lot video work/footy watching etc then the quoted speeds are ok but as the internet connections speed up I suspect you might miss out on some stuff.

For that sort of money I would want to play with a system for at least a hour to check the practicality of it...

JJ :Cool:

PS 4G on it's way...

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
If we supply a wireless router, does this make free wifi possible for the funster rallies?

HeHe

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back