Fingers crossed

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gordoncbrown, Feb 26, 2013.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

MH is in for it's MOT. Nothing required last time. All maintenance carried out as required in the last 12 months and no issues I am aware of. What's the chances of passing first time?:thumb:

2. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Being a risk taker I'll go 50:50 :Rofl1:

Hope it passes for you.:thumb:

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Depends.. If you take it to somewhere that does a genuine MOT proly sail through..

If you take it to Kwik Fit I can absolutely guarantee it will fail.. How the hell they are still being allowed to MOT vehicles is nothing short of a miracle ( I know people who work at one place and can tell you stuff that even makes VOSA curl their toes )

4. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

My local Halfords failed my car on it's brakes - couldn't possibly have anything to do with the 'special offer' on brakes they had at the time, could it??? :Angry:

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

KwikFit failed a prison officers car on rear disks.. Charged him £200(ish) to repair and re-mot

When he collected the car he asked to see the work..

When he pointed out the fact the car did not have rear disks there was a lot of bluster before the full amount was refunded..
    The matter was reported to the local VOSA guys who more or less shrugged their shoulders as if to say 'its too common to bother with'

6. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

I took my work van for MOT recently and it passed first time, no advisories.

Took the car for test three weeks ago, passed first time, no advisories :Eeek:

Took the RV a fortnight ago, passed first time, no advisories (what a credit to its former owners :BigGrin: )

Now the Euromoho is due in a few weeks and I'm hoping for a full house.

It seems that benign neglect and positive thinking are the keys to MOT success :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Good news for me. Passed first time. No advisories. I use the same garage for both our cars and the MH. Good guys and I know they will not compromise safety. They will highlight the smallest issue. I also know that on any service they strip the brakes rather than just a quick check. Takes a bit longer but gives peace of mind. :thumb::thumb:

8. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

I used to be an MOt tester until I retired, I worked for K/F for 6 months, I totally agree, they should never ever be carrying out tests, I too could tell you stories I personally knew about, let alone many others I heard about, oil leaking from gas shocks for a start.
    I urge everybody to avoid this company like the plague unless an absolute emergency.

• Like Like x 1