Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry I did not see any notice saying other comments were forbidden, I was only trying to give some general information rather than advice to the OP.
Comments are NOT forbidden, so don't feel bad about your comments at all, all info is useful so don't let this put you off.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@maxi77 the subject has as they say been put to bed. The OP has sorted it and has moved on after advice from members on here.

The thread is open and can be added to by anyone. Maxi77's post in the thread added to the debate. What did your post add other than a hint of rudeness in that their contribution is not wanted and a tone that might make people think twice about posting? If you think a post should not be there then report it. Much like the half dozen who reported your post. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
If you think getting married is expensive - try getting divorced :cry:
You made me laugh and you Mo
image.jpg

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
The thread is open and can be added to by anyone. Maxi77's post in the thread added to the debate. What did your post add other than a hint of rudeness in that their contribution is not wanted and a tone that might make people think twice about posting? If you think a post should not be there then report it. Much like the half dozen did when they didn't like your post. Thanks
Jim, I fully understand that the thread is still open and NO rudeness or hint of rudeness was meant or intended by me. The OP contacted me via PM and was happy to settle the problem and move on as it was stressful and that was my point. The comment "as they say been put to bed" was meant that the OP has moved on.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Sorry I did not see any notice saying other comments were forbidden, I was only trying to give some general information rather than advice to the OP.
@maxi77 No offence was meant to you and do not be put off giving information. What I meant was the OP has moved on from the experience.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Even in Armacao de Pera when the GNR tried the same in the Football Club car park a deal was quickly reached which allowed long term 'parking', but not 'camping'. We have not been down this winter due to circumstances outside our control, but have heard no adverse comments from our fellow snowbirds. On the more positive side we have just got a refund for road tax on our last Bongo when we took it back to UK. At first they tried to fine us for non payment but when we showed that the vehicle was now a UK one again they cancelled the fines and yesterday nearly 12 months later in came a tax refund
Thanks for the info on Armacao de Pèra and I am glad it is still open. We stayed there for a few night In April in the company of 3 other Funster vans and would definitely want to return (even though it rained for 4 days solid:xblink:). We knew the bad weather front was due and thought the town was a good place to hold up for a few days. The Football club car park has everything you need - fresh water and waste dumps all for a couple of euros a day.

Must be a bit of a culture shock being back in the UK?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, I fully understand that the thread is still open and NO rudeness or hint of rudeness was meant or intended by me.

Thanks. If people misunderstand the meaning of a message or perceive it to be rude, it's not their fault, it's the message senders. We all have a duty to ensure our messages don't unintentionally offend. (y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for the info on Armacao de Pèra and I am glad it is still open. We stayed there for a few night In April in the company of 3 other Funster vans and would definitely want to return (even though it rained for 4 days solid:xblink:).

Watcha mean??? The sun came out when we arrived. At least enough for Colin to help me try to mend my rear steady. :xgrin:

But we will being going back there too when we can. We want to try that recommended fish restaurant.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Watcha mean??? The sun came out when we arrived. At least enough for Colin to help me try to mend my rear steady. :xgrin:

But we will being going back there too when we can. We want to try that recommended fish restaurant.

Mmmm! Recommended fish restaurant. Do you know its name?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks, Peter. Sounds great! We'll try and hunt it down.
Chris

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
No. It is down a side street off main prom. On the left just before a shop selling LPG bottles. No menu at lunch time just get the fresh fish they have.

Not only that Bollywood opposite the fish market is possibly the best Indian in the Algarve. Pedros bar is a popular stop for a beer and light snack, and for the more upmarket snack the Forteleza is good. The reality is that almost all eateries in the Algarve are good, they go out of business otherwise but there are quite a few that major on local peasant food which does not always suit British taste

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
@maxi77 No offence was meant to you and do not be put off giving information. What I meant was the OP has moved on from the experience.

And that was quite clear from his earlier post. Don't worry I am not offended.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks. If people misunderstand the meaning of a message or perceive it to be rude, it's not their fault, it's the message senders. We all have a duty to ensure our messages don't unintentionally offend. (y)
Does that mean we can intentionally offend then Jim? :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back