Free Member
Feb 6, 2011
South Africa
Funster No
MH
Hiring regular
Exp
Since 2005
Hi my name is Mark and my wife is Ann. We are from Johannesburg South Africa. We don't own a camper but have done two month long trips to Europe by hiring. We are planning a trip for the month of April 2011 to Spain This forum looks like a great place to meet with and learn from many knowlegable and friendly people.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there mark & ann and a warm welcome to MHF:welcome: Regards brian jo and josh:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome Mark and Ann.

strange thing, in a moment of boredom yesterday i posted a SA related thread in the 'U shaped lounge' (general chat area)......Monkey gland sauce :ROFLMAO:

are there many motorhomers in SA ?

dont remember seeing any on the garden route between Capetown and George or inland in the Karoo.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
A warm welcome from a chilly bit of Scotland to you both!

If you can't find what you want here, it's probably not worth finding.

Any (publishable) rugger jokes out there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Mark and Ann, welcome to the Europe and mhf , enjoy your travels

Larry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi my name is Mark and my wife is Ann. We are from Johannesburg South Africa.

Hi and welcome

I emigrated to SA in 1973 , lived in Rustenburg then Jo'burg, came back to Scotland in 1979 .. I guess it has changed a lot and not for the better.. :Sad:
my second eldest son, born in the Queen Victoria Hospital Jo'burg, and has returned to Cape Town and settled there, small world indeed.

Spain is not my favorite motorhome destination, there are very few motorhome facilities, plenty of sites, but they tend to be expensive.. even in low season

If I may suggest France, it is motorhome nirvana , thousands of motorhome stopping places called Aires, many are free, others only a few Euro. If you prefer sites there are also municipal ones which are reasonable with basic facilities.
Weather in April should be good [no guarantees ] From the Alps to the Atlantic coast and the Med .. there is something for everyones taste..

Whatever you decide, you will get plenty of help and advice from the Funsters ..

good luck

jim

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi Mark and Ann
Welcome and enjoy your trips .You thought you would be asking all the questions but heres one for you .
What is weather like in jo=burg around june as claire would like to go on safari for her 50th this year ?
ray claire and katie cat

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi and Welcome Mark & Ann. Have an enjoyable trip to Europe

Dale & Family