Finding storage for motorhome (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
We are desperate to buy our first motorhome but first need to find somewhere to store it in or near Surrey. Does anyone have any ideas? We seem to live in the worst place in the country to find storage. We have no drive and live in a narrow street so no opportunities there! We are on one waiting list but have found that other places have a two year wait and have closed their list. We are becoming a bit despondent so would appreciate any suggestions.

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Lizi , we found that some of the Motorhome and caravan dealers had lists of local storage in our area, worth a try

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Depends where you are in Surrey. Our old land lady at the pub kept hers somewhere near Aldershot if memory serves.

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
My next door neighbour stores his caravan near Gatwick, alsothere's a few farms etc which store cars for dealerships which also store motorhomes and caravans near Banstead.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
CC site near Gatwick,used to be called "Amberley Fields ?" Do storage,probably full,but worth a punt.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Thank you for the ideas.
alsothere's a few farms etc which store cars for dealerships which also store motorhomes and caravans near Banstead.
If anyone knows the contact details of any of these farms, it would be really helpful.
We have tried the Gatwick one but they need you to have the motorhome number plate and insurance details before you can apply and we cannot buy until we have storage - catch 22. I have emailed the camping and caravan club about this so perhaps something could come of it.
We have already tried the CASSOA ones near enough us - we live in Kingston but are happy to travel as far as Gatwick as my husband is retired he can go and get the van and bring it to my workplace at the end of the day on Friday or if we went to the south coast for a weekend, it is on the way.
There are not many dealers near us but I will contact/call into Freeborn in Guildford to see if they know of any.

Thank you for all your help.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
You could try Marc at Jordans. They have inside and outside storage, very secure, They mainly store classic cars in controlled conditions, but do have space for MH S. They do not advertise for obvious reasons. Access times are very good. He is not in CASSOA but his security is excellent.
Their location is Ellens Green, contact number 08009177544 / or 07973438813

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Go on google maps and type in Alvis House, Park Road, Banstead,
When the location shows on the satellite view you will see the farm on the top right hand side, farm buildings with lots of cars and about 10-20 caravans / motorhomes.
A friend used to work for Audi at Drift Bridge and they stored cars here, he told me about the farm once when we were discussing storage etc. unfortunately I don't know the name of the site, perhaps a phone call to Audi at Drift Bridge might get the info. Kingston is about 30 mins away.

OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Thank you Spanishsteve. We have found it on google maps and will take a drive over this weekend to see if we can get an address or chat to someone. Fingers crossed.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Just near to Park Road in Banstead, is a farm I have walked past mant times, which seems to do storage of caravans - it's at the end of Reads Rest Lane, Tadworth. Might be worth dropping in on them, too, if you are in the area. You can see them on Bing maps, too!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back