Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi

Can anyone tell me is there is a specific place on the net to look for the payload on a vehicle? I have looked on the websites and googled it but to no avail. I am wanting to know what it is for a Carioca 707. If there isn't a particluar place I should be looking, is there a formula to be able to work it out?

I hope I have listed this in the right section, as weights etc/etc are a bit technical for me! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks in advance :Smile:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Slight word of warning.

610 kg is the standard payload for the standard vehicle. If you have the 2.3 engine instead of the 2.2, that reduces it by 20 kg. Similarly with any options fitted - weights are specified in the tables linked by Jim and these too, should be subtracted from the payload figure.

Finally, manufacturers are allowed a tolerance of ± 5% in the declared weight of the vehicle, so the starting figure of 610 could in fact be 465 kg.

Calculation 3,500 - (2,890 x 1.05) = 465 kg

Or, if the tolerance is in your favour, 3,500 - (2890 x 0.95) = 754 kg

Simple isn't it! In reality, assume the stated figures, make sure you take account of fitted extras (bike rack, tow-bar, awning etc.) then err on the side of caution. The only certain way to check the payload is to take the specific vehicle to a weigh bridge.

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back