LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I wave and if they don't wave back and I get time, they get a double handed 'jazz hands' wave and the biggest smile I can muster!

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
We usually wave at oncoming motorhomes. I often have to stop myself doing the same when driving in the car. I've also waved at horseboxes, sometime they've waved back so they must be used to it.
I sometimes, miss waving at PVCs because they're not so obvious and if I do spot them, few seem to wave back.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We wave as well and am always amazed at how many waves we get from the French.
The Dutch seem to be the miserable bu&&ers who don't wave back.
But then, if you lived in a damp, flat country below sea level you would be a miserable bu&&er too I suppose. :LOL::LOL:

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I wave, at motorhomes, delivery trucks, horseboxes, racevans .........

and people do wave back. Maybe it is because i am an enthusiastic waver - sometimes both hands!!!!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I absolutely love those cars , what are they like to own ? Cheers .
Best car i've had. Brilliant to drive, interior design is all Feng Shui, with waves and water droplet rings (if you're a man you won't be impressed by that - Cliff certainly wasn't) Runs on fresh air. The easiest car to get your 89 year old mum in and out of, loads of space at the back, and a huge boot when the back seats are down.

Best of all you get to do this when you meet another one.....

images

That's a library picture by the way - its not me - I was just demonstrating the enthusiastic wave!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
And if anyone says my moustache is almost that good - I know who you are......

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Yes I'm a waver 90% of the time, and yes also caught out with the Tesco, horse boxes etc. :rolleyes:
I also was surprised at the amount of people waving back in France, and they weren't GB plates. So, is it a Brit thing and the French have just decided , crazy Brits, we may as well join in?

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I wave too. I don't get many waves back though, not sure if it is just because it is a PVC. Loads of people used to wave back in the A class. The kind interpretation is that it was easier to see.

I also keep an eye out for funster stickers, I haven't seen one yet, on the road, despite much squinty eyed peering as I overtake, or get overtaken.

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
We find the same @meakwooders , since changing to a PVC we do not get many return waves.
But we will carry on waving.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
We always wave, too, although it's not always easy to see if the oncoming is a motorhome, or a posh van, until you get too close to wave!

Never noticed a Funster sticker, although they would be a bit difficult to spot at a distance - maybe we need bigger stickers, or better glasses!!

Jerry

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
image.jpg
We always wave, too, although it's not always easy to see if the oncoming is a motorhome, or a posh van, until you get too close to wave!

Never noticed a Funster sticker, although they would be a bit difficult to spot at a distance - maybe we need bigger stickers, or better glasses!!

Jerry
We have a big one in the back window and get smiles from cars in a queue!!:)

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
We always wave and I always curse the miserable b**gers who don't wave back. Not sure which I find more fun!
Cheers
Bernie:LOL:

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Well on our journey from ayr to cairnryan we passed at least 10 mh's and EVERYONE WAVED BACK... yayyyy was well happy as never got any stick from the rest of my family :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We are back now Anthea.. But off on our travels this weekend.. Brands Hatch with Steve's Lotus crew.. Our car is nearly done too. :clap:

Steve wants a big sticker, i presume they are handed out at Rally's ??
Welcome back!
Good luck with the lotus ,is the engine finally in?!
Perhaps PM Jim and see if he can do one for you at the next meet! It would need a big SAE for him to post!!;)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I am a concientious objecter to waving.....

This stems from a trip to Wells-next-the-Sea and driving along a road, some silly bugger in an oncoming motorhome was waving like billy oh, so much so that he crossed the white line and took my wing mirror with him....and he never even stopped.......

Bah humbug!

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I didn't tell hubby about the waving but on our first trip he automatically waved back when someone waved at him. So now he waves too (y)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I don't wave as I like to keep one hand on the steering wheel whilst I'm talking on my phone. Think safety

ColtheCamper

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer E510
Exp
1 year
Yup, waver. Usually my wife waves and gets quite grumpy when not waved back to. Non wavers are classified as snobs or sometimes worse. Had a really excited waving session at a roundabout once when we came across Harvey's twin (Hymer E 510). Unfortunately they were heading in the opposite direction (near Worcester if it was you). Waving is a form of greeting fellow travellers each on their own adventure.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We wave at everything (apart from when on motorways) but @Cal54 PVC's are really hard to spot till they're level with you then they've gone before you get chance to react.

I will try harder:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back