Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Been away in our MH for the last 2 weeks around England & Scotland proudly wearing my Funster sticker on the windowscreen of the MH.
also waving at loads of fellow Motorhomes traveling in the opposite direction.
When someone never waved back this would reward me of 5 mins of piss taking of me from my Son and Wife :) , but I would not be put off I would still wave on :)
Well tonight we arrived in Ayr and while locking up after parking up a fellow Funster noticed the Funster sticker and came over and introduced himself.
@Brendan thanks for coming over and introducing yourself :) meeting a fellow Funster has put the icing on my cake ^^
P.S as a matter of interest to the people that read this , do you wave at other Motorhomes coming in the opposite direction ?
Help save me from more stick from the Mrs and Son by saying yes :)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Yes Im a waver!(y)
I too dont seem to get many waves back,and the ones that do dont till I do!:(

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Been away in our MH for the last 2 weeks around England & Scotland proudly wearing my Funster sticker on the windowscreen of the MH.
also waving at loads of fellow Motorhomes traveling in the opposite direction.
When someone never waved back this would reward me of 5 mins of piss taking of me from my Son and Wife :) , but I would not be put off I would still wave on :)
Well tonight we arrived in Ayr and while locking up after parking up a fellow Funster noticed the Funster sticker and came over and introduced himself.
@Brendan thanks for coming over and introducing yourself :) meeting a fellow Funster has put the icing on my cake ^^
P.S as a matter of interest to the people that read this , do you wave at other Motorhomes coming in the opposite direction ?
Help save me from more stick from the Mrs and Son by saying yes :)
A big YES from us!! I wave at all motorhomes and even when we are passing one!!
Have been known to do a one fingered wave under the dash when they don't wave back!!:LOL: Just a silly game we play!
Actually got waved at by the driver and passenger on the A 57 yesterday and it was a French number plate going towards Sheffield!! I was well excited!!as were they!!
We waved a lot in France but A class don't wave back much! Lol:LOL:

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Yes yes yes .. just showed the wife this .... glad I'm not a solo waver .. I will continue my quest to get more and more MH owners to wave .. Ofc at the same time reducing the amount of piss taking that I have to receive from my wife & son :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yes yes yes .. just showed the wife this .... glad I'm not a solo waver .. I will continue my quest to get more and more MH owners to wave .. Ofc at the same time reducing the amount of piss taking that I have to receive from my wife & son :D
They will wave too! It happens to us all eventually!!!:)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Another Waver. I get two chances to wave, because I'm the lucky owner of one of these....

image.jpeg

And us Cube owners are very enthusiastic wavers!!

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We wave we also know@brendan
very nice man.

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
When we first started MHing it used to be a betting game with my first wife to see who could guess weather someone would wave or not.
She got suspicious when she was losing more often than not.
You see I worked out that there is a better chance of getting a wave if you wave first. She eventually spotted the surreptitious raising of my right hand (and I narrowly avoided hers!) but by this time the habit was formed.
So yes, I'm a waver:hugs:
Spud

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Some like to think they are cool and only wave with a finger( not a rude one) therefore keeping 2 hands on the steering wheel at all times for safety reasons!! But I like the excitable wave variety! ( rather like myself!!)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
:(I was a waver in my previous MH but now that I gave a PVC it appears people do t want to wave at me!!

When my sister first got her MH she was keen to become a waver, the first vehicle she enthusiastically waved at was a horse box!!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
:(I was a waver in my previous MH but now that I gave a PVC it appears people do t want to wave at me!!

When my sister first got her MH she was keen to become a waver, the first vehicle she enthusiastically waved at was a horse box!!!
Yes I've been known to wave at ice cream vans, waitrose tesco etc vans and the worst faux par is waving to a white van man in error! :rolleyes:
That wrong wave can manifest itself into " an adjusting ones hair movement "!!:sneaky:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Yep I'm a Deffo Waver !!! , O.H. only wave's back to those who wave first.
Yep I get a lot of stick & all ways being told I'm wasting my time , but still do it !! & waving of course

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I don't receive waves, just rather rude hand gestures. Which makes me think 'they must know me;)'
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I save and I also get stick from SWMBO

I also find posh motorhomers are less inclined to wave at us lowly vanners in our PVCs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back