Finally got Avtex but still wont work! (1 Viewer)

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Hi all. We have got our TV and very pleased with it we are :Smile: but we can only watch it when we have an aerial point :Sad:. Our stupid Maxview is crap :shout:. What aerial do you think we should get and who can fit it please? Locally, we can get a Status 530 fitted for 190 pounds but there is the new 550 so should we get one of those? Thanks in advance.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Truthfully neither will be any better so before you buy one get a guarantee that you can have a 100% refund unless the new one works properly.

We have given up selling DVB-T aerials as in areas the signal is good, it is good and any of them tend to work. When it is poor they all struggle because the signal is simply not there.

DVB-S is the answer, have you thought about the suitcase jobbies that are circa £100? So long as you can see the sky in a Southerly direction it will work

Eddie

OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Sorry for being a total novice but then thats what I am!! What is a "suitcase jobby"? And wheres the best place to get one please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Sorry for being a total novice but then thats what I am!! What is a "suitcase jobby"? And wheres the best place to get one please?

Hi Chris Google it for the best deal, but this is the type of thing I meant

Link Removed

Eddie

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
he may mean something like this ...but aldi and Lidl have some similar...

Link Removed

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Chris Google it for the best deal, but this is the type of thing I meant

Link Removed

Eddie

They are the type at Aldi and Lidl:thumb:

Link Removed

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Eddie is quite right about the suitcase jobbie (Portable Satellite system)
But when you cant see the southern skys due to trees etc that wont work either
Where tv is important to you both are a must, then your almost guaranteed a picture one way or the other no knowledge of the 550 but can say the 530 is a very good dtv aerial that works in most areas as eddie says no signal and it wont matter how good an aerial is
my choice would be 530 AND suitcase satellite system. the later ones have a simple easy sat find traffic light system on the dish, basicly point at the sky a watch the leds turn from red (no Signal) to amber (getting close) to green (locked on)
To be fair they can be fiddly for the novice to tune in but you will only need to be show once by anyone that has one and knows the procedure
Geo

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
They are the type at Aldi and Lidl:thumb:

Link Removed

Thank you Irena.......[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHuwY4TnIOo[/ame]:ROFLMAO::thumb: Works the same all over just different sat settings

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
There is a nearly new Easy Find Sat system for sale in our ow classifieds Broken Link Removed
And NO its not me selling it

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all. We have got our TV and very pleased with it we are :Smile: but we can only watch it when we have an aerial point :Sad:. Our stupid Maxview is crap :shout:. What aerial do you think we should get and who can fit it please? Locally, we can get a Status 530 fitted for 190 pounds but there is the new 550 so should we get one of those? Thanks in advance.
Hi Chris the 530 and 550 are basically the same 550 being a newer version -used to be 530 and 535 -535 has the longer handle-ARE you pointing the ariel in the right direction?look at nearby houses :winky: then tune the tv in i.e. first time installation :thumb: This needs doing every time you move unless you park in the same spot :Smile:
edit the Status are very good Ariel s-is the power/boost box turned on ?
make sure power is on
turn Ariel
retune tv
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Thanks for all your responses, youve all come up trumps again :thumb:. Will discuss with the other half and see which way he wants to go. I will look at the classifieds and Aldi/Lidl. Thanks again all:thumb:

OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Can I just check, if we got a 'suitcase jobby', I am guessing we would have a cable that attaches to the tv? In that case it would have to come through an open window? If we camp in winter and have a 530/550 we wont have this problem?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
LOL

You can either close the door on the aerial connection, it will close without damaging the van, or you can buy through window connectors or you can have an external aerial point fitted.

Or as you say you can have a Status aerial fitted and make friends with the people next door as you will have no TV in the majority of places that we want to camp in.

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back