Finally got an indoor storage place !!! (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
It's taken a while but we have finally secured an indoor storage place for our van !!! Been searching ever since the original place we used closed after the owner passed away. We moved the van to a place about 15miles away and then last year we found a place that was only 2 miles away, all of these were outside i.e. just a hard standing and without any security so pretty cheap but basic.

We've had our eye on a place in our village as there's a dedicated motorhome storage facility that's all of 200m away from our house, the trouble is there's only 6 places so it's dead man shoes sort of thing. Got a call today to say that we're next on the list and that a spot has become free. Under cover, electricity, security and even a pine martin deterrent system(y)

It's a tad more expensive..... but we think it will be worth it in the long run.

Can't wait to have the experience of collecting the van that's as clean on the outside as when I put it away, no more water run marks !!!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I keep mine in a barn, new structure, and we put some old sheets over the roof (of the motorhome) to keep dust and the odd birds crap off. It is good to be able to polish at will without caring about the weather.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yeah already planned a cut cleaning session when I bring it back next time. Get those water marks off from around the windows ! Forgot about bird crap, bet you're right as they'll be some way of them getting in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Got the nod that our place is ready to use from 1st April onwards so they'll be some serious spring cleaning of the camper this weekend. Got togged that caravan cleaner out (Fenwicks?) and get it all shiny and white. Noticed today when I went to pick up the contract and remote for the gate that there's and identical van to ours in the same barn, snap !

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Looks like you are going to be handy for Spare parts:Eeek: lol

Hum yes those Ducato extended mirror arm covers look nice..... can't find them any where but you may have offered an opportunity.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Finally she is in !!!

IMG_0596.jpg

Got the end spot which is slightly wider but also on a more awkward angle, but who cares it will be clean when I go to pick it up. Spent most of Saturday cleaning off those water stains and getting her ship shape.

There's only 6 vans in there and 4 are from our village.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Greta bit of luck that. I. Looking for somewhere indoors too. For the winter period but may have to pay for yearly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back