LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
made my self a better parent (joke alan calm down:winky:)

I have finally paid the money to sv tech to have my van uprated. I have gone from 3.5t to a private hgv at 4t up on the back axle and replated by SV tech (very very helpful)
Having over 30 years to downplate the van before I run in to the licence problem i thought I might as well get it done.

I have not had to make any adjustments to the van other than putting the plate on, no uprated brakes, no uprated suspension, nothing!! just a case of change of clasification and parting with £230-00.:thumbdown:

I noted in another post changes to the speed limit for me now as well :thumbdown:

still all is done now. packed and ready for France and weighing in at about 3.8t .

:thumb::thumb:

Now watch me get caught going up a 3.5t road!!!:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have not had to make any adjustments to the van other than putting the plate on, no uprated brakes, no uprated suspension, nothing!! just a case of change of clasification and parting with £230-00.:thumbdown:

That's one expensive plate :Eeek:

if you had asked I would have knocked one up :roflmto:

have a great parc verger time :thumb:

Jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could have saved you all the trouble Paul......bloke on Ebay was selling blank plates for £3.95

for some reason the plates are no longer available on ebay....wonder why:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
still all is done now. packed and ready for France and weighing in at about 3.8t .

now Paul......you either loaded a lot of new stuff or you've been running overweight for a long time:RollEyes:

please explain yourself now as to which.:winky:

just wondering if.......

mine is Fiat factory plated (and alko plated to same) at 3.85t..........what can i go up to? 4.1t.....4.2t ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
now Paul......you either loaded a lot of new stuff or you've been running overweight for a long time:RollEyes:

please explain yourself now as to which.:winky:

just wondering if.......

mine is Fiat factory plated (and alko plated to same) at 3.85t..........what can i go up to? 4.1t.....4.2t ?

If your running air ride/or similar 4t Is what I was told although initially I was told 4.2t. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If your running air ride/or similar 4t Is what I was told although initially I was told 4.2t. :thumb:

Mmmm!!!!
you're moving the goalposts now Paul

"no uprated suspension, nothing!!"

you never said you have air-rides :Doh::Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m glad you have done it ,better than being stopped by the vosa squad, no hard feelings .lifes too short. i try to think before i tap the keys now. never know when any of us will need help from another traveller. have a good time in france .i hope to have a good w,end at malvern. now you have more spare weight for liquid refreshments. cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back