May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Hi all,

after several years of not deciding, we finally took the plunge and will collect our first motorhome on the 20th of this month. so experience = zero. Finding some great information on this site, and looking forward to learning about this new lifestyle.

At the moment is a confusion of knobs, switches, batteries, water, toilets, and gas, but I am sure it will all come together before it all falls apart :Smile:

David (and Julie)

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome to the forum David & Julie ::bigsmile:flyingwelcome

You are sure to enjoy the Motorhome experience, but like most new owners you will have a load of questions from the 20th onwards - don't be shy, just ask away ::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to Fun.
:thumb: It will all quickly become clear once your new toy has arrived

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
new m/h

Hi and welcome, you will find lots of willing new friends here.

One thing we would suggest is you get the salesman, or whoever from were you are buying it from to go over all the systems with you before driving it away.
You won`t remember everything they say but at least you will know that everything works.
Get them to walk around the outside of the motorhome with you also, to show you were things like the spare wheel are, wheel brace, jack etc.

Most of all have fun and enjoy your new motorhome. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Welcome David & Julie. What they all said ::bigsmile:

You don't mention what age your Autoquest 100 is but we've had a 2004 model for almost four years now so if yours is of similar age (give or take a couple of years) we should be able to answer any questions you have.

Graham

OP
OP
D

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Wow, i cannot believe all the responses - looks like a really friendly group. We are getting the van from David Fuller in notts, and they have promised to give a complete overview and show everything working, taking as long as we want. It is a 2005 model, which seemed to be a good for the breakdown cover at least. julie is already in love with it, and is busy thinking of names (heaven help us all..).

first trip is hopefully going to be a day out next weekend to try out and then hopefully get away for the bank holiday weekend.

so my first question... for the bank holiday weekend I am assuming I will need to book in advance on a site to make sure I get somewhere? i am still a little unsure about the practicality of wild camping (i have been reading the threads :) )

Thanks again for the welcome

David

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Welcome and congratulations on your new motorhome.

Why not have a look at some of the rallies and meets coming up.

Come join in the fun. The Stratford upon Avon one is over half term

OP
OP
D

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Might try the meets, good idea - thanks :)

Ralph, looked at the photography as well, nice images. You are from Billingham - my son-in-law is from Billingham, small world.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
I hope I welcomed you first time round, but if I did, let me say you're now doubly welcome...

I am deeply concerned, and shall probably lose some sleep tonight, about the confusion you're having over your knobs, water, gas and toilets. I am the very last person to venture into indelicate areas, but you really must get a grip...

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Welcome to the fun from Holland. I will take delivery of my van on the 22nd of this month :thumb: Happy travels and enjoy! Hans.

OP
OP
D

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
I hope I welcomed you first time round, but if I did, let me say you're now doubly welcome...

I am deeply concerned, and shall probably lose some sleep tonight, about the confusion you're having over your knobs, water, gas and toilets. I am the very last person to venture into indelicate areas, but you really must get a grip...

you are right of course. I think it is the excitement coupled with a poor diet, but I do appreciate the concern :roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
One point for the handover is to make sure you receive the extra cushions and board needed to make up the double bed from the dinette seats. See Link Removed.

Graham

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Hi Dave and Julie,

I got my first new motorhome about 6 weeks ago now and it is a Elddis Autoquest 100 also. So if you need any help or information perhaps we could swop notes!!!!!!

Welcome to motorhomefun. They have been such a great help to me as a Newbie and seeing all the replies you have received it would appear you have also had a great welcoming experience.

Wishing you lots of happy, safe miles travelling and holidays. Keep smiling and dont forget to wave.

Regards Nannyjan

OP
OP
D

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
thanks again - so it looks like this is the right place for both general questions and specific for the 100 :Smile:

Seems like all bases covered. just got to get the vehicle now...

By coincidence we could not work out how to do the double bed when we were looking at it, and got them to show us. The little board was indeed hidden - but we found it in the end. They search harder when trying to sell than when they already have the cash :winky:

seems so long till Thursday....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back