Free Member
May 17, 2016
Crich
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Not yet
Good morning from Crich (Derbyshire) the time has finally arrived when we can seriously consider part retirement. So next January we are putting the business on hold for a month and taking our motorhome to the sun for a month.
The thing is that we haven't got one yet, that's where (hopefully) you come in.
We have a budget of up to £40,000, we like the idea of a fixed bed, and air con is essential, we have seen the Fiat Bessacarr 2 berth which would suit our purposes, does anyone have any experience of this model?
As absolute novices this message is the first step in our due diligence process, so any suggestions as where to head for in January, together with any other things that we are likely to overlook would be most welcome.
By the way, I have a C1licence which I believe will enable me to drive most models.

Thanks in anticipation.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
:hiya2: and welcome to Fun!

Good luck in your search.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hello and welcome, we have a Bessacarr E560 which we find perfect for the two of us. Remember, its all about layout, not size or power or colour or make.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Hello and :welcomesign:

Take your time and look at all types of MoHo. There is no such thing as the perfect Moho and layout unless of course you are a Hymer owner, they are perfect in every way :boxing:
Maybe think about hiring first to see if you do actually like it. Think about storage, i.e. 20 miles (or whatever) to pick it up each time you want to use it, or keeping it at home where size might be an issue. I would also suggest that you do a search of all posts on here to find other discussions on MoHo type, layout etc. It will help you a lot, loads of info on here. You will find comments such as layout, layout, layout; pay attention to this because it is important. Spending £40K to find that the layout is wrong will cause some distress. As you say in your post, this is the first step in your due diligence process so I would say you are already on the right track. Good luck (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Hi & welcome to Motorhome'fun', the friendliest & most informative forum

Take your time and view as many MH as possible

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, get the layout right and the rest should fall into place, take your time, try to get to some shows where there are loads of vans on display, talk to as many people as you can before deciding, if you can hire the van that your prefer befor buying then so much the better. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back