Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Hi I have used filmon for the last 3 years whilst abroad and out of the Astra footprint. I (or rather the wife) sets it to record the programmes I want. Then when I have free wifi I download them and save on to the laptop to view later.
This time however I am having difficulty. How I would normally do it would be to find it in “recordings” then click to play video. Once the video started I was able to right click on the screen and choose the option “save video as” and save to disc.
Now when I right click I don’t get that option. Any ideas?
Dick

Deleted User
I had the same problem and contacted Filmon, bad news I'm afraid, that facility is no longer available, probably due to 'rights issues'.

Only possible to save on their server and stream later, which unfortunately still requires a good internet connection whereas before, with patience a program could be downloaded eventually on a poor connection.:(

OP
OP
Glandwr

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I had the same problem and contacted Filmon, bad news I'm afraid, that facility is no longer available, probably due to 'rights issues'.

Only possible to save on their server and stream later, which unfortunately still requires a good internet connection whereas before, with patience a program could be downloaded eventually on a poor connection.:(
Now sorted, I have been downloading of the filmon website and other ones much more reliably using a third party program for 10 days now. Not cheap but it's a one off payment and the program can do many other things beside. It even has an easy option to add a proxy ID so you can access and download IPlayer etc. over the slowest connection. Being away for 5/6 months I figured it was worth the cost of a good dinner out to kept the missus sweet.

Does what it says on the tin!

http://download.cnet.com/GetFLV/3000-2071_4-10618974.html

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I use a program from Applian media centre to capture videos. Does it in jig time :)
I bought it for my windows laptop but moved over to apple so I don't use the windows one. Now bought the mac version.

If someone wants to use the windows one I will send them my code.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
@irnbru , I have started a conversation. Thanks.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I have used rapid downloader, works with iPlayer, its free

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Aside from 30 years mostly spent in copyright law, and a former advisor to them and the original streaming site, TVCatchup, Google "filmon legal battle"

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/...ight-innovation-and-competition-tv-technology

As FilmOn is shut down by courts, all eyes are on Aereo

FilmOn Pulled by Different Legal Currents http://thetmca.com/down-stream-from-aereo-filmon-pulled-by-different-legal-currents/

Last year in American Broad. Cos., Inc. v. Aereo, Inc., the Supreme Court dealt a significant victory to the broadcast industry when it concluded that Aereo’s online streaming services infringed the broadcasters’ copyrighted works.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/...ight-innovation-and-competition-tv-technology

Unfortunately, several courts have now ruled that new pay-TV services who use the Internet, like FilmOn and the now-defunct ivi and Aereo, can’t use the statutory license and pay the government-set fee. In order to stream local broadcast TV at all, say these courts, Internet-based services must perform the nearly impossible task of getting permission from every copyright holder whose TV shows are broadcast on the local channels.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Now sorted, I have been downloading of the filmon website and other ones much more reliably using a third party program for 10 days now. Not cheap but it's a one off payment and the program can do many other things beside. It even has an easy option to add a proxy ID so you can access and download IPlayer etc. over the slowest connection. Being away for 5/6 months I figured it was worth the cost of a good dinner out to kept the missus sweet.

Does what it says on the tin!

http://download.cnet.com/GetFLV/3000-2071_4-10618974.html

Dick
So does this let you keep movies that normally you can only watch while online? I too used to use filmon to download programme series and films to watch later but not now possible.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
You used to be able to, FilmOn withdrew that facility because their advertsers didn't support it any longer

OP
OP
Glandwr

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
So does this let you keep movies that normally you can only watch while online? I too used to use filmon to download programme series and films to watch later but not now possible.
Yes you can download to view later using Getflv from filmon and any video, film or TV site. Great for when your Wifi is not good enough to stream. Much more stable than the old builtin facility that filmon had. You can even use it to download direct from IPlayer provided you have a proxy IP to feed into it.

Dick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back