Mar 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,
When filling my new Motorhome via the whale attachment how do you no it's full? The manual says when full it will come out the overflow, which it did but very slowly. It was as though the tank came under pressure and slowed the flow down then forced the water out through the overflow underneath the van.
I also no you can look at the gauge in the van, but if you're one your own this is not possible unless you turned tap off first.
Long winded question I no but does this sound normal?

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I just wait till it comes out the overflow ( that's what the manual say) going to extend the overflow tube to reach the side of the van to save sending down ( one of these fine days)

Upvote 0

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
On my whale system the pump cuts out when the tank is full; plus I check the level on the gauge in the van though it is only a guide.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Our pump just keeps going but the overflow has been sited to the side of the van nearby so easily seen/heard. (y)

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi,
When filling my new Motorhome via the whale attachment how do you no it's full? The manual says when full it will come out the overflow, which it did but very slowly. It was as though the tank came under pressure and slowed the flow down then forced the water out through the overflow underneath the van.
I also no you can look at the gauge in the van, but if you're one your own this is not possible unless you turned tap off first.
Long winded question I no but does this sound normal?
Yes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Another watering can man.
Filling up at home I rarely do, for the extra weight I like to avoid.
The gauge on my van really only shows 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or full so not very accurate. I tend to drive with 1/2 full and fill up when I get somewhere. However in the winter and in France I may well try to keep the tank full, for frozen taps or taps turned off are common.

Alan

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back