Filling my 110ltr water tank daily! (1 Viewer)

Doyce

Free Member
Jun 7, 2010
HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT!
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi, can anyone advise on the following please? I've just changed from 7 years caravaning to my first motorhome, a CI Mizar GTL Living. We were away last week for the first time and found it astonishing that I was having to refill the 110ltr water tank almost daily! At first I thought there must be a leek, so search everywhere and found nothing. I'm comparing the usage against the two 30 ltr containers I used on my tourer, of which lasted 3+ days and where still in the same habbits on how we use the water!

Any answersor suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Pete

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Have you priced uo the reupholstering, and does it include the captain seats? I can't imagine it would be cheap!
Sorry for the delay only just seen this.
Yes we have priced it up . No it isn't cheap . Round about £1700.
It includes captain seats , bunks , luton , all wall fabric's and all new curtains . We are also replacing all the foam with a high density firmer one.
BUT we think its well worth it.
Apart from the upholstery , the Mizar GTL living (2006 top class) is the perfect MH for us.
Good solid interior fixtures and fittings etc.

The newer model didn't tick all the boxes for us , with the lounge area.
We are totally changing the colour scheme too. The fabric samples should arrive tomorrow morning for us to choose.
I must admit I'm getting a bit excited:Blush:
We plan on keeping Mizzy till we dont take the kids with us.
So it could be some time , as they all still love to go off with us.
So we may as well have it just how we like it.
Bev

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
It may be worth checking the drain tap is completely closed. I knocked mine as it was set so low near to the road and very quickly lost the water in the tank.:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
filling water tank

it's no wonder ther's a water shortage with all you water guzzlers.
my rollerteam has a 120 litre water tank which lasts 2 weeks, but i always shower in the sites shower block and wash dishes in the sinks provided.
our van has 2 waste tanks one on each side of the van.
one for the sink
and one for the shower and basin

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
it's no wonder ther's a water shortage with all you water guzzlers.
my rollerteam has a 120 litre water tank which lasts 2 weeks, but i always shower in the sites shower block and wash dishes in the sinks provided.
our van has 2 waste tanks one on each side of the van.
one for the sink
and one for the shower and basin

What is the point in having a shower and sink in your van then if you only use site showers and pot wash ?? :ROFLMAO: Showers I can understand but not to wash dirty dishes in the van ? If we did not use the shower or wash up in the van then 120 ltrs would last a lot longer than 14 days :ROFLMAO:
terry

Upvote 0

Benni-Boy

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
Hi. I know this may sound a bit simple but on my Benimar and other foreign vans the fresh water tank can be divided into two. You can fill it to about 50litres and then by opening another switch on the tank it will fill to 110litres. Worth a look for another valve on the tank or look under the bunk and visually check if the tank is in fact completely full. Still haven't discovered the reason for the two filling levels though!
Tom

Upvote 0

Sun Lover

Free Member
Jun 24, 2010
Worcester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
We are in the process of changing our motorhome (a Elddiss Autoquest 320 ) and just wonderd if you fill up before leaving home. When traveling you would lose water as you take roundabouts and bends from the overflow.......arriving on site would mean you have quite a bit less than when you started out. I know people will say don't carry water but our motorhome pulls better when loaded up than when empty. (more fuel though) O well, just a thought.

Upvote 0
T

TomTee

Deleted User
What is the point in having a shower and sink in your van then if you only use site showers and pot wash ?? :ROFLMAO: Showers I can understand but not to wash dirty dishes in the van ? If we did not use the shower or wash up in the van then 120 ltrs would last a lot longer than 14 days :ROFLMAO:
terry

Well, it makes sense to me! When wild camping we obviously use the shower and the sink. When on a site however it's nearly always more convenient to walk to the site's shower block and have a shower in a far more spacious shower compartment. If the sanitary facilities are awful you can always fall back on your own shower.

We don't bother taking our breakfast pots to the site sinks but we'll often use them for the larger range of dinner pots and pans, which also saves a lot of greasy muck going into the grey tank. It can also be a pleasant social occasion, as very often you'll end up chatting to the person or people doing the same thing.

If you're exploring a city for example and are on a site for three or four days it also means that you don't have to move the 'van to fill up the tank and drain the grey water, which can be a pain when you've got the sun blind out etc.

As I said, it makes perfect sense to me!

Upvote 0

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
our mh has a 70 litre tank and we find we have to fill up or top up each day when on site.

drinks,washing, washing up dishes, cooking all use oplenty of water.

always fill to the top of the filler rather than use the guage.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We are in the process of changing our motorhome (a Elddiss Autoquest 320 ) and just wonderd if you fill up before leaving home. When traveling you would lose water as you take roundabouts and bends from the overflow.......arriving on site would mean you have quite a bit less than when you started out. I know people will say don't carry water but our motorhome pulls better when loaded up than when empty. (more fuel though) O well, just a thought.

Depends on how the overflow is arranged, on our van water can only flow out the overflow with the filler cap removed.

One problem we have found with our van is if you drive fast on a bendy road with a full tank the inspection cap can work it's way loose & we end up with a flooded lounge. We now travel with it 75% full, still gives us 3 days use if we both shower each day. If we do need to travel with a full tank I make sure the cap is tight & check it regularly.

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Hi Pete- My first thoughts would be to establish if you definatly have a 110 litre tank and then, if so when you do fill up do you fill it really fast and perhaps then get a surge back from the filler point which may be a air blockage.
Also do you rely on what the water gauge says, as normally these are nowhere near accurate. If your tank is full with the amount you state then some prudance of the water you use is needed. Also does the water supply feed the flushing system of the toilet if so then its another drain of water on the tank.

Any campsite you visit must love you - 110 litres of water for (possibly) just a night halt. With many more like you and the campsites will all go bust.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back