yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
what ever is the most convenient way.
we use a hose when its easier to do so
and if i cant be bothered with that i have a 16litre container that i just pour into the tank through the access hole inside the van.

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
I have a flat hose on a reel for long distance, a 5 metre one for short distance, and a collapsible 15 litre plastic container when it is miles away :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you fit a 12 volt power socket near your filler or in a nearby locker then you can use the aquaroll from your caravan and a submersible pump to save trying to pour it in the filler.
especially if the tap is miles away like on the show fields.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yep thats what we do too andy :thumb:

(If the flat hoses dont reach that is)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I normally use a hose if the tap is nearby.

If further than my hose, I fill a couple of 20 litre containers and then use a submersible 12v pump to transfer it into the tank.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have a coiled spring like hose, a roll flat long hose and a watering can.

The watering can is only used if the hoses won't reach to the filling point.

Coiled one gets used in preference.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I see you have your Morocco trip in mind John... ::bigsmile:

so always be prepared.. don't depend on finding water.. not much around in the desert.. sooo

take one of these well drillers.. :thumb:

LS300T.png

and one of these pumps.. and you'll be sorted .. :thumb::thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
OK hoses, watering cans, how?

I have several roll flat hoses from RV.

John ...A roll flat...Mmmm.. No... because if you are close to the water connection, on most of the flat hosepipes on a roll....You have to unroll it all out all over the place :Doh:also kinked pipe... then you have wind it all back in again, and most of the roll ups are of a small bore so it takes.....hours to fill your tank Zzzzzz and there are other people waiting....a normal hosepipe is sufficient...another tip another funster told me..two bendy buckets..this type of bucket

Link Removed

about the size of a normal household bucket...one for waste if you have a side outlet, use if and when needed.....and one for clean water....they bend, so easy to pour and store they go inside each other...so no need for a bulky watering can..also a 10 ltr polythene drum for clean water....for when the water tap is further away....also if you have a water inlet with the screw type cap (and not a lockable flap) then one of these fall pipe bends are good to have...call at your B&Q shop

Link Removed

push the knuckle end into where you have removed the cap point it upwards and pour your water in...this sometimes saves you moving for a small amount of water.

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Had 2 green garden hoses for the last 5 years plus 2 15ltr collapsable containers worked perfect all over Europe. This year bought a fancy lay flat green hose what a waste of money it did'nt last the season went in a skip in Pickering late September. Now back to the originals "If it aint broke leave it alone" ::bigsmile:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Watering can. I also have a bucket for waste. Fill the bucket from the waste tank and carry to the water point, fill the watering can and return to the van and fill the tank. Two trips a day usually does it. If there is a drive over drop point I'll empty the tank completely when leaving a site.

Bill

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
I see you have your Morocco trip in mind John... ::bigsmile:

so always be prepared.. don't depend on finding water.. not much around in the desert.. sooo

take one of these well drillers.. :thumb:

LS300T.png

and one of these pumps.. and you'll be sorted .. :thumb::thumb:

Broken Link Removed
where can i get one of these, and would it be ok to use it on an aire in France ?, are they as noisy as my kipper ?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi john just thought i,d better let you know a good rope is usefull for getting water ,and a bucket. hoses and watering cans can be use full in uk not too usefull in maroc .

Attachments

• PC290130.jpg
    PC290130.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 30
  • P1280145.jpg
    P1280145.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 30
  • P2150038.jpg
    P2150038.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 110.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 110.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 30

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
looking at those pictures you'd better get an aqua pure filter then you can recycle your grey tank if it gets grim.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
lovely water in maroc . the deeper the well the sweeter the water. some are hand foot pumped some two buckets one up /one down. but can say never had a problem.even way out in the desert .michelin maps show th desert wells . they can be harder yo find very often just a tree withe a flat stone by it .drag stone away to see a small hole and a bit of string . pull string you get a smalltin or container of water .you would be all day filling a camper but a container of say 5-10ltr gets you out of the desert. all part of the fun.
some of the best are down near tafilalt across to zagora the wells down on the desert track route are brill. always cover them back up though as sand does block them.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
By bycycle with a plastic box on the back and 4 x 5ltr drinking water containers.

Doug...

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Send Jack and Jill up the hill (with a pail):Doh:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
if you need to ask John, it must have been hard work keeping quenched and washed in your RV :ROFLMAO:

Difference is John in the RV carried 2 FULL SIZE HOSES and assorted other to which is not possible in my euromobile:winky:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Just replaced our ageing hose with one of these.............

Link Removed

Still waiting for delivery so cant comment on the quality.

Ralph

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Can't fault this at the price!

Link Removed

£12.25 for 15m of food grade hose. This is what I use to fillup at home and I've also got a smaller hose 3m for when the tap is nearer.

Although be carefull on delivery........ I live next to an equestrian centre that has the beginning to the name as our house, therefore we sometimes get each others post. They opened my hose by mistake and would of read the "Home Birth Supplies" delivery note.......... I wonder if the rumour has got around that we are expecting!

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi John I got hose, and a watering can, which is handy if you have parked up I got the watering can idea from a photo in Scotjim`s album and it works for me:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Can't fault this at the price!

Link Removed

£12.25 for 15m of food grade hose. This is what I use to fillup at home and I've also got a smaller hose 3m for when the tap is nearer.

Just wanted to re-visit this and retract the good words....... This hose was great until we used it for the 3rd time.........water was foul and tasted really rubbery/plasticy.

Strangely enough, on the invoice, it did say "Single use", therefore, I'd keep clear. Although the site obvisouly isn't for food use, they shouldn't really advertise it as Food grade as it's not, well not after a couple of uses anyway! Going back to a 15m proper food hose.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi craig . dont want to teach granny to suck eggs but youshould always make sure all the water is out of the hose and when you start it again let it run for a while to wash the hose. 15m is alot of hose. gets harder if you have hoselock type ends as some dont let you empty it properly.
i find normalgarden hose orks if you do the above . wastes abit of water though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back